Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Friday, January 30, 2009

Divine L'Etre Aime Homme: Perfume Review

"At the heart of our lives is a perfume we will never forget, the fragrance of the one we love," says Yvon Mouchel, the founder of Divine, and I wholeheartedly agree. Think of the scent of your most beloved, maybe your first love, maybe your biggest love...it lingers in your memory forever. You smell it on a street and you can't help but stop in your tracks and look around expecting to see that face. You get the phantom whiffs of it at the most unexpected moments, out of nowhere, out of your own heart and soul. Fahrenheit is an inexorable part of my memory and maybe even more so- a part of my identity. I am sure you can think of at least one perfume that is just as important in your life.

With a premise like that, L'Être Aimé Homme had high expectations to meet and it met and surpassed them. Centered around the note of everlastiing flower and focused on the aromatic aspect of the latter, the latest masculine Divine is one of a venerable heritage. I recognize in it the best aspects of some favorites: the earth and spice of Yatagan, the piquant sweetness of The Third Man, the mossy leather of Derby...with a nod to the floral-for-men trend of today. Complex and chameleon-like, on some it will smell like an aromatic blend of lavender, patchouli and celery, on others, like a green and leathery chypre; skins of the particularly lucky ones will bring out the delectable tang of ginger sweetened by sandalwood. There is a chance that you will recognize a hint of your beloved's perfume in one of L'Être Aimé's numerous facets.

Aromatic but soft-voiced, with the quiet sort of charisma and with the classic sort of elegance, L'Être Aimé will fit effortlessly in any circumstances, from a formal occasion to lazying and cuddling at home on a Sunday afternoon. The latter is my favorite way to experience a beloved's fragrance.

Available on divine.fr and luckyscent.com.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

Sure, sure, sounds lovely, but does that dreamy boy come along as a GWP?

12:33 AM EST  
Blogger elle said...

Suddenly I want DH to agree to wear scents. :-) Idyllic Sunday afternoon image! I have a feeling that I am going to definitely need a full bottle of this scent.

6:39 AM EST  
Blogger carmencanada /Grain de Musc said...

I like this very much, as I do most of Yann Vasnier's compositions. The celery note makes it a bit quirky; it has a hint of the dryness of his L'Homme de Coeur but the immortelle adds warmth. The woman's L'Etre Aimé is also a winner.

7:30 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Alyssa,
No, it was one of a kind, limited edition, promotional set. Nyah ha! :-)

7:31 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
Well it is definitely female-skin-friendly :-) I'd love to wear it too.

7:32 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Denyse,
It is a little quirky! Otherwise it would be boring. The woman's one I need to keep trying as it left no impression me after several wearings.

7:33 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Columbina. Your writing could make even the foulest bottle of oud smell divine.
And Ilove your new photo. I'm surprised the guy on the bed doesn't roll over to have a look!

10:08 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Something else I have to try. I love L'Homme Sage, but have been putting off buying a bottle for some unknown reason. I've also wanted to try L'Homme de Coeur, which I hear wonderful things about.

Why doesn't this house get more play? They seem to have great scents at very reasonable prices for niche perfumes.

12:37 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

I love this one too. I've told myself that I'm on a no-buy, but this one might break that..

3:49 PM EST  
Blogger Scott said...

Just got a sample of this and it is heaven. Soft, accessible but not expectable, smells like QUALITY through and through. A lovely, herbal green treatment of immortelle, instead of the usual brown sugar treatment. I am very impressed, again, with Divine's thoughtful, well paced releases.
Your review was spot-on. Thank you!

4:38 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home