Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Gone but not forgotten: Fendi Asja

By Tom

Marina is responsible for me falling in love with with this fiery,fruity little concoction that's  discontinued, but still available on the interwebs. It opens with an oddly smoky, stewed fruit salad that becomes warmer. spicier and more luxurious as it blooms. 

Like Marina, if I'd been presented with this in a blind sniff-test and asked a brand I would say it was a creation of dear Uncle Serge. Except perhaps that there are no rough edges, no overdose of anything designed to shock. It is from beginning to end just soft, plush and luxurious. I wish the rest of my life was as effortlessly elegant as this little bottle. Maybe if we ask pretty, it will come back.

Asja is still available on the net; I got mine at a discounter on Broadway in downtown LA (and one for my godchild for her birthday, which I am told she is carrying around with her at college in Vermont). I may get another one as a hedge.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Ducks said...

Tom, thank you for this -- I tried a sample of this a while ago and got cranky because I thought it was contaminated with a Serge joint. Never went back to that decanter, either! Eek, so now I can crawl back hat in hand... heh.

12:51 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

bDucks-

It's cheap enough to just buy some. Just saying.

1:22 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has always sounded like So Not My Thing (thought I do like Mauboussin's stewed, spiced fruit very much).

But it has one of the most attractive bottles I've ever seen.

10:04 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

muse-

I didn't think it would be me either, but it really is..

12:45 PM EDT  
Blogger KL_lover said...

Tom, it is so nice to see Asja is not forgotten; I absolutely adore it. I feel as though I'm wearing deep red velvet when wearing its smokey, woody, deeply-spiced fruity goodness. I don't think Serge could have done better with it. One of the best fragrances ever IMHO.

1:12 PM EDT  
Anonymous Smedley said...

Oooh - I ADORE Fendi Asja! Indeed, it is smooth, rich and velvety. I consider it a perfect fragrance with no wrong notes anywhere.
Even though it is a lush oriental fragrance, I don't find it heavy to wear. It is like smooth velvet.
I'm sad it is discontinued and more difficult to find.

1:51 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, fine, i'll dig out my two minis of this and see if i "get" it this time. i love the packaging, but never fell for the scent... maybe i will this time!

minette

2:34 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

KL_Lover-

I completely agree~

2:37 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Smedley (love the name)

I wish they'd bring it back. I could be a huge seller..

2:37 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

minette-

If you still don't get it I'll give them a good loving home!

2:38 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it too, such a velvety, dramatic fragrance!

5:55 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Victoria-

It is!

9:43 PM EDT  
Blogger Tammy said...

One of my favorites, and one I also enjoy sleeping in. It's a comfort scent for me,and very cozy.

10:15 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

it is very comforting~

12:40 PM EDT  
Anonymous sybil said...

Do you want a NIB bottle? Because I get a HUGE apple note that is, for some reason, very distressing to me. But I'd be happy to send it to some place where it would be loved.

8:32 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

sybil-

Sure!

tmp00 at yahoo dot com

1:17 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home