Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, June 27, 2013

College-themed Perfumes

By Tom

Yes, you read it correctly. On the way home from running errands I was listening to an NPR story about various universities that are now offering colognes and perfumes for their Alumni/ae (or maybe people who want to seem like they are). I can't find the link to the original story, but there are articles about the scent for Notre Dame and Texas A&M.

I don't know about this. I mean, yes, they've done scents for car companies, cities and celebs and some of them even have been successful. I guess it only makes sense that if you're such a hardcore Sun Devil fan or Bucky Badger devotee you might pop the $60. But one of my besties is a hardcore Trojan; she has the USC watch, the car magnet and even Trojan floor mats in her SRX. I don't know that she'd be spritzing herself with "Trojan Woman" any time soon.

I guess the publicity was more than the company that produces them could handle- you get a "bandwidth limit exceeded" as of today, Tuesday the 25th ay the company website. Their FaceBook page gives some info here.

So I attended the University of Massachusetts. I don't know what "Minutemen" might smell like. Lilac? Lily of the Valley? Apple? Cider donuts? A greasy omelet from the Red Lion after an evening of too many Rolling Rocks at Sylvester's?

What would your school fragrance smell like?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My school smell would be incense, car fumes, fear, loathing and Norsca, remember that deodorant? For some reason heaps of us used it and the gym change room smelled of boys, sweat and Norsca.
Portia xx

8:29 AM EDT  
Blogger Tammy said...



Roll Tide Roll, Wooooooo Pig Souiee and I'm a Tarheel Born, a Tarheel bred; when I die, I'll be a Tarheel dead.

So, I dunno.......BBQ, maybe? With kudzu and sweet tea top notes, and collards for depth??

1:36 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Portia-

We don't get that one in the US. But it's nice to know school kids down under USE deodorant. I think now here they assume and gassing of AXE= shower substitute. They are sadly wrong.

12:12 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Tammy-

That reads really good actually..

12:12 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad: whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen. Bridal saree

4:51 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home