Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Not Guilty: Guilty Pour Homme by Gucci

By Tom

Well, this isn't going to be the most in-depth review I've ever written. Partly because getting a sample out Bloomingdale's in the Beverly Center is like getting wining lotto numbers. This time the place was so bereft of Sales Associates I didn't even have one there to sneeringly tell me they don't do that..

So this review is from a healthy spritz.

"Guilty" is one of those fragrances that is frankly mis-named. Sort of like years ago when Vendetta came out- I liked it, but there was a darkness missing that I thought should be there with such a name. Let's just go to the Bloomindgale's Website and look at some of that ad copy, shall we?

"Young, fearless, with impeccable taste, the wearer of Gucci Guilty Pour Homme is a hero for our age – exuding charisma and more than a little dangerous."

Uhh, not really.

Not to say what's there isn't very nice. It's a nice little lemony thing with touches of mandarin and a little greenness that moves into a standard fougere territory of lavender. They talk about a "defiant touch of pink pepper" but I never got it. Mind you, I did like what I got- it was perfectly pleasant and the woody patchouli at the end was very nice, if rather anodyne. The patchouli in particular is perfect for a patcho-phobe: light as a feather. The word that occurred to me when wearing it was "pleasant." In my head the wearer of Gucci Guilty Pour Homme is the sort of stalwart chap who's more likely to have the oil changed in your car for you than he is to ravage you in it's backseat- and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that..

$80 for 3 ounces practically everywhere. I tested at Bloomingdale's.

Image: stolen from Bloomie's

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha!! We could let him change the oil and then ravage pergaps?
Portia xx

2:43 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

perHaps

2:44 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Good idea! I hate dealing with the car stuff. In America if you take the car into most places to change the oild they try to upsell you with new air cleaners, belts, tire. wiring, valves and engine blocks. Makes me want to kill.

12:01 AM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

With that name, as with Vendetta, you would expect a darker style of scent. I guess the big conglomerates just don't try anymore when it comes to naming fragrances. However, it does sound very nice.

8:51 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

D-

That's exactly it. If you're going to call it "Scary Monster" don't make it smell like a smurf.

10:21 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home