Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Friday, April 06, 2007

Perfume Review: Apivita Euphoria

My random sample this week turned out to be Euphoria by Apivita. It must have spent at least two years in my sample box, and all I remembered of it was that it had a gourmand feel and that the brand was Greek, which is exactly what made me put the sample into the box in the first place, as I am a big fan of most things Greek (Maria, if you happen to be reading- big hugs!). After stumbling upon this needle in a haystack, I started to research, and discovered that Apivita has been established over thirty years ago and started with just four people and a "pioneering propolis soap". Today it is said to be one of the leaders in natural products in Greece and is spreading its bath and body care products and its inspirational messages ("If you have a dream you will achieve it, and if you achieve it you will dream again." - Nikos Koutsianas, the Co-Founder) across the world. Apivita's fragrance line consists of several "single-note" scents (Lavender, Jasmine, Spice, Wood, etc.) and of three supposedly beneficial fragrances called Harmony, Energy and Euphoria.

Now, my ability to be euphoric -to borrow the quote from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy- "you could fit it in a matchbox without taking out the matches first". A gentle, pleasantly sweet blend of ylang-ylang, vanilla, grapefruit, bergamot, tangerine, cinnamon, and sandalwood is certainly incapable of stimulating my "body and senses by creating a euphoric, romantic mood" ...A sumptuous leather, a dirrrty musk or a joyous, spring-like lily of the valley perfume might produce such an effect, but I digress. There isn't much to say about Euphoria, it is basically a vanilla fragrance with a lovely, creamy floral note that is only apparent in the very beginning and a juicy, honeyed citrus accord, which, again, pretty much disappears within ten minutes. I'd call it a budget version of Rich Hippie's insanely expensive but much more intense and attractive Psychedelic. Euphoria is enjoyable and easy to wear, a no-brainer scent that would be perfect to wear to bed at night, as it is cuddly and fluffy and soft. Euphoria is really not a fitting name for it. I hereby propose to rename it into Comfort.

Euphoria is avilable at apivita.us, $30.00 for 3.4oz.

Please visit Aromascope to read about Ina's Needle of the week.

26 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Easy, once again! Not fair! ;D
As for Euphoria, I agree, hardly anything euphoric about it but a nice body mist it is. Perhaps it's euphoria for a perfume hater?

11:22 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Well, I am all for comfort. And propolis soap. Theirs is very nice.

11:32 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

I mean the soap.

11:32 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I have dodged another lemming. Since I don't like vanilla as the prominent note, this one definitely isn't for me. Wish I had dodged an expensive lemming though. :( (BTW, I love the needle in a haystack reviews.)

7:06 AM EDT  
Blogger elle said...

I'd heard great things about this line and tried Euphoria a while ago. I remember thinking it would be a brilliant shower gel or body scrub, but in a perfume I want more ooomph. I agree that it should be renamed Comfort. And I have to say I appreciate the near shower gel level price.

8:11 AM EDT  
Blogger lilybp said...

Eh. Doesn't sound like it's for me.

8:13 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Ina,
Well, I don't know about easy :-) It's really hard to find anything to say about a pleasant and simple scent like that.

9:08 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Tom,
I should try their soap, and maybe the rest of their bath and body things. Perhaps not necessarily the perfumes though, although the single notes sound like fun.

9:09 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Tom,
Well, their comfort is good too, only they insist on calling it euphoria :-)

9:09 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Minsun,
Thank you, I like them too. Maybe I could nag Ina into doing them every week. :-)

9:10 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
Absolutely! It *would* be a brilliant shower gel or body scrub (perhaps there are the Euphoria-scented products like that, not sure).

9:11 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Judith,
And it really isn't :-)

9:12 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Patty,
No, they don't, do they? I can't imagine anyone madly loving this one, although it is hard to imagine anyone would hate it with passion either.

11:02 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

V,
OMG, I choked on my tea :-)))

12:41 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does make a fine shower gel & lotion, which have been available for a few years and I think came out before the perfumes. Those also contain a light chocolate note. I think Apivita's emphasis is much more on their skin & body line than perfumes and mists.

1:10 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

R,
Thank you for the information! I love shower gels. This one would probably be super-delicious. :-)

1:13 PM EDT  
Blogger chayaruchama said...

Comfort it is, then.

BTW- I'm thinking of you, all dressed in Rousse, and not much else...
[OK, Tom, Leo, Andy, Neil,MarkDavid,Kelley...Yoo-hoo...
I'm waiting...]

Prurience aside...
It's time to tell you that you are very dear, and that I wish you a nourishing Easter.
[You probably observe the Orthodox date- but it's all good. I observe it all, myself]

I'm sending you loving embraces across the web.

2:32 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy holidays everyone, whatever they may be and whenever they may come! Frequently euphoria is not as necessary as comfort. So comfort, everyone!

2:39 PM EDT  
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

Does not sound appealing to me as a perfume but the Milk Bath sounds nice! Have never tried anything from the line I don't think.

3:09 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Chaya,
Big hugs and Happy Easter! *spritzes Rousse*

3:14 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Maria,
I absolutely agree. Give me comfort any time and keep euphoria :-) Happy easter!

3:14 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

R,
This is the only Apivita anything that I have tried. Now I want to check out their milk baths and gels too.

3:15 PM EDT  
Blogger Sandra said...

I am so glad that I found this blog! I allergic to the chemicals in scented things but have found a company that does not use them. However, when I want to make a new scent or recreate one, I cannot go to the store and smell them. So this is great! You smell them for me and tell me what is good about them and what doesn't work. I love it!

6:48 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Sandra,
Welcome!

6:56 PM EDT  
Blogger katiedid said...

I'm suddenly glad I never got around to trying the fragrance. The body and bath stuff is okay, but some of the stuff I tried smelled a little plast-icky to me. I recommend the scrub, however, which is pretty nice. I forgot all about the line until just now, so apparently, I was a little underwhelmed, too.

I demand euphoria!

4:43 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Katie,
LOL!! Love the graphic!!

4:44 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home