Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, January 08, 2009

GKnight Knight Fall, Knight Fall Maiden, Poetry and Abstraction

By Tom

It seems these days that perfumers are coming out of the woodwork or popping up like mushrooms. This would be a bad thing if they were along the lines of most of the throwaway stuff that land with a thud on the pages of your national magazines with bazillion dollar ad budgets. It seems in the world of perfumery there are those big guys and then there are the small artisnals who vie for a portion of that space.

G Knight is one of those guys.

Knight Fall is listed as a blend of citrus and spices. I smell grapefruit and nutmeg primarily with the bright citrus neatly balancing the spice. There's a sweetness to it that isn't candied; it has a skin-like feel to it that;s really nice.

Knight Fall Maiden blends florals into the Knight Fall citrus/spice mix, but nothing too heavy that I wouldn't wear it myself. Actually, the florals are muted enough that they just added a slightly fatted roundness to the scent that makes me prefer it to the more "manly" one.

Poetry is a butter-smooth floral with hints what I think is white peach and mint. It smells like some frothy, icy cocktail served poolside and is really refreshing.

Abstraction is the one that I like the best of the four with it's notes of evergreen, grasses and musk. It's dark green color would make you think it's going to be just too much, but it's actually closer to Cristalle in its grassy smoothness.

I like these, even if I get the feeling that they aren't me at all. They're young and flirty, but in no way insipid. They have a clean linear feeling to them that would make them perfect for wearing to a club, where something heavier would be akin to assault. I'd love to see more from this house.

His rather cryptic website is here, but it doesn't list prices or the places sold. I hope that changes soon, since I think people would like to try them.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger mharvey816 said...

As of at least a few weeks back, they were being sold at Art With Flowers, a store in the Tysons Galleria mall in McLean, VA (DC metro area). Not my thing, but the guy behind the line is a nice fellow.

12:44 AM EST  
Blogger chayaruchama said...

Hey, Tom !

Gerald is an f' in' prince, he is...
Yesterday was his birthday, in fact.

I think he's got a lot of promise.
Like you, Abstraction is my favorite.

As a poet, this big guy is just remarkable.

I feel rather cheap and tawdry to admit-
I'm emotionally unfaithful to my DH with him.
SIGH.

7:47 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Well, one learns something new every day :-) I learned about this line today. :-)

7:49 AM EST  
Blogger indieperfumes said...

I've been trying these lately, it's an interesting coincidence that the samples seem to come to our reach at this time and motivate us to try them...I too have a positive first impression. I feel though that the presentation needs a little work in the design department.

8:22 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

mharvey816-

Thanks for the info. The pacjaging mentioned Tysons but wasn't specific.

12:15 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

chaya-

I could see myself wearing abstraction a lot!

12:16 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

m-

I know, right? They popped up out of the blue for me!

12:16 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

lucy-

the website could use some help. I hate Flash..

Luckily the product is good

12:17 PM EST  
Blogger Flora said...

This is the first time I have ever heard of this line, but I am intrigued! I am putting a vote in the Abstraction column with Poetry as a write-in. (Sorry, I still have election fever...)

1:58 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home