Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Clinging: Vine by Strange Invisible Perfumes

By Tom

This past week I wore only one scent as part of an experiment, and it was interesting to find new facets to and and happily reaffirm my love for the dervish that is Muscs Kublai Kahn. But after that week in the sexy Mongols embrace, what to do? What to wear? Mark Buxton ain't gonna cut it.

The answer turned out to be Vine, a 2005 release by Venice (CA) based Strange Invisible Perfumes. In her review, Marina wrote she found it "repulsive and irresistible"; I don't know about the former but certainly agree with the latter. It has a deliciously winey aspect to it's fruity beastliness that I find hard to put down. It's one that a guy can certainly get away with in small doses but I'm sure would be stunning on a woman.

Sadly I don't see it on the SIP website, so perhaps it's been discontinued. I hope that it's only on Hiatus. We'll have to make that happen..

My bottle was a giveaway from attending Sniffapalooza LA

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Kay Tyler said...

Quite possibly the least informative review I've ever read! What does it smell like?

2:19 AM EST  
Blogger Kay Tyler said...

I've just read Marina's review...thanks for the link

2:22 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOM, That was a little brief that probably left a lot of people in the dark. Luckily I do know Vine, but for a complete contrast with lots of rum and dark chocolate, why try "Ugly Bastard" by www.budparfums.com.au. Cheers, Mouse.

3:41 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it might have been brief...but it created a need to sniff, ah well, non here in hk
hongkongmom

5:20 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Kay- it smells of fruits, wine and musk. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

11:36 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

hongkonmom-

thanks!

11:37 AM EST  
Anonymous Marian said...

On of my favorite scents, Acquarian Roses, is by SIP. I like it so much I really should try others from their line. Sounds like I could easily be entwined by Vine.

11:17 AM EST  
Blogger Tammy said...

I love beastliness; the wine and fruit bits are the repulsive parts to me!

I think I'd best save my pennies for a FB of the Killian Oud. Or write a letter to Santa, perhaps!

1:26 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Marian- there are a few from this line that I really like, like their musc.

1:08 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Tammy-

I have a long list for Santa, starting with winning Powerball numbers..

1:10 AM EST  
Anonymous eem said...

We the people love your posts, and long for the longer ones. In the meantime, deprived of most of those lines that are easier to find in the US than in other shores, I enjoy the confirmation ceremony of MKK, as another bottle is about to reach me (and that after innumerable adventures,of course and the intervention of a wonderful person in Paris).

11:09 PM EST  
Anonymous Alien Perfume said...

I recently bought it and LOVE it !

10:50 PM EST  
Anonymous Discount Perfumes said...

thanks for the link..

6:52 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home