Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sands of Morocco by Infusion Organique


By Marina

Infusion Organique believe that "100% organic is not always 100% effective" and are not afraid to actually voice that belief. Good for them. Their company infuses organic with "scientifically derived" ingredients. Which is to say that some of their ingredients are natural (organic) and some come from a lab. I fail to see how that sets them apart from any number of other companies doing just the same thing, unless the secret lies in blending just the right combination of the two types of ingredients, and the Infusion Organique experts are privy to that golden ratio.

If I sound sarcastic, I am really not. Organic, lab-created, what matters to me is how good and how interesting is the resulting fragrance. And I am here to tell you that Sands of Morocco is the biggest bargain you'll find when searching for a nice woody vanilla. Comforting, relaxing, season-less due to its lack of the typical vanillic sweetness, the citrus-vanilla-sandalwood-oak moss blend isn't breaking any grounds, but it smells lovely...an understated, delicate vanilla with a slightly piquant, tea-like undertone and a very perceptibly mossy feel in the base. It's not rich and spicy enough to be particularly deserving of its name, in my opinion; it's a nice vanilla, not a "Moroccan" vanilla, let's put it that way...In fact, to me, moss makes it smell "European" more than anything else. It is quite subtle (which is fine with me), and one might need to re-apply to get the vanillic-woody burst of goodness (the mossy base stays for good many hours, however), but hey, at $35.00 per 50ml, it's practically a guilt-free indulgence!

Available at Beautycafe and B-glowing.

Image source, infusionorganique.net.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think what makes Infusion Organique different from everyone else, is their marketing strategy ;)
Mossy base sounds good though, organic or not.

3:14 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

B,
Mossy base was my favorite part, really elevated vanilla to another sort of level.

7:25 AM EST  
Anonymous mocards said...

I don't think I even *like* mossy and I'm thinking of ordering Sands of Morocco unsniffed since $35 for a perfume is...well, free and your review makes it sound splendid.
Very nice review of this Infusion Organique (which I'd never heard of) perfume. Thank you.

9:11 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

M,
There are others in the line, all nice. Yes, $35 is free. I did a double take and looked several times to check it WAS the price. I am still not sure :)))

9:12 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... prancing off to check out this line...

News of a low-price, high-quality line is rare, so I'm looking forward to trying some of these out.

10:07 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

D,
Right? So rare are such news, that I can't remember last time I heard of something like that.

10:09 AM EST  
Anonymous Victoria said...

Organic also does not sway me one way or another when it comes to fragrance, but a nice composition would! Definitely something to check out! Thank you for mentioning it.

10:45 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

V,
I'd say it is definitely a nice composition, won't break any new grounds, but then again, as we discussed before, not everything should.

10:47 AM EST  
Anonymous Sturdibaker said...

With that title I expected something with a lot more caravan spices and maybe some camel dung. I think I'm gonna pass on this one.

11:11 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Sturdibaker,
Yes, I don't think you'd go wild over this one.

1:27 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home