Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Saturday, March 12, 2011

21 Classics That Are Always Modern, Beauty and Fragrance

WWD's Beauty Inc in its latest Power Issue lists 21 "Power Products", "the stuff of legends", which "have made a lasting impression on consumers". Fragrance is represented on the list by Angel ("Introduced in 1992, Angel still ranks in the top 10 in every major market") and Chanel No 5 ("Introduced in 1921, Chanel No 5 remains the best-selling holiday fragrance today.")

The list also includes: Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (one "sold every 10 seconds"), Benefit Benetint, NARS Orgasm blush ("one of which is sold every 30 seconds"), Maybelline Great Lash mascara, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (one "sold every 4.8 seconds", but know by me as the only product to ever give me an allergic reaction), Dior DiorShow mascara (the original one), Shu uemura Cleansing oil ("one bottle is sold every 20 seconds"...how do they measure the bottle-per-second speed of selling?), Cover Girl Clean Makeup foundation, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, Essie Ballet Slippers, L'Oreal Paris Elnett hair spray ("1.3 cans sold every minute in the US"), John Frieda Frizz-Ease Serum, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, Cetafil Cleanser, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, La Mer Creme de la Mer, Olay Active Hydrating Beauty Fluid, MAC Spice Lip Pencil, and Revlon Fire & Ice Lipstick.

What would make your list of power products?

Image source, fashionmag.us

9 Comments:

Blogger Flora said...

I would put Smashbox Photo Finish primer high on my list, it really changed the world of makeup. Nice list, but none of my favorite perfumes are on it. I used to wear Fire & Ice lipstick, maybe I should go get some more! ;-)

12:43 AM EST  
Anonymous lady jane grey said...

At the moment I'm absolutely in love with the nail polishes from Dolce & Gabbana - wonderful colours and a quality I've never experienced before.
Plus Nars lips pencils - versatile and quick : the most important thing for me in the early morning rush.
Foundation from SUQQU - the perfect one for dry skin, with a perfectly natural look (some difficulties with colour : I guess it's produced for Asian skin tones).
After the experience with the nail polish I WANT to try D&G's lipstick!

4:17 AM EST  
Blogger Netto said...

I was surprised not to see bare minerals on that list. I think everyone wears some kind of mineral makeup these days!

9:07 AM EST  
Blogger StyleSpy said...

OPI Nail Envy - a lifesaver for me and my fragile nails, and as far as the color I keep buying, it's OPI Got the Blues For Red, which is my perfect red. My HG mascara, from Max Factor, has been discontinued (sob) and I'm still searching for a replacement, but I can't bring myself to spend thirty bucks on a tube of mascara. I need that money for perfume & shoes!

10:38 AM EST  
Anonymous Marle said...

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream is some sort of miracle. I've loved it, and it's fragrance, for 20 years. It is on my Desert Island list of products I must always have in my life.

1:00 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

It's newer products than those on the list, but I'd add Becca Luminous Skin and NO Foundation Foundation by Dr Perricone

2:01 PM EST  
Blogger Tama said...

Lush Dream Cream, and Joy.
(oh, and Clinique makes me have reactions, too - but not the lotion)

12:30 AM EST  
Anonymous maggiecat said...

Lancome Defincils mascara makes my list, as deos Diors waterproof eyelining pencil (The Best Ever)

2:12 PM EDT  
Blogger Cerise said...

I fear I'm late posting, but wanted to share that I love the texture of Cle de Peau concealing stick. Other favorites are L'Oreal Infallible lip gloss, Lancome Definicils mascara, and my micro needle skin roller.

9:46 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home