Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Eau Dear: Eau d'Issey Florale

By Tom

As Tania Sanchez pointed out in "The Guide" the original Eau d'Issey was perhaps the biggest fragrance ever to try to smell of water. It seems that everyone in the 90's had a bottle of this (and CKone another huge "light" fragrance). I personally didn't get it, but I prefer my melon on a plate served with cottage cheese.

Jessica at Now Smell This absolutely loathed this. I'm not going to revisit territory that she exhaustively and authoritatively covered, so I'll just leave it at "what she said" and add that on me even the synthetic (and rather ghastly) rose is steamrollered by all that "freshness" that it makes me think of freshly windexed plastic flowers.

Available at Sephora, $47 - $89, depending on the size. My sample was a gift with purchase.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The Beach Bedouin said...

Eau d'Issey is one of my favorite perfumes for summer. It is a piece of art and exceptional.
All the further versions, also this one are only bad copies and just commercial!

www.scents-of-arabia.blogspot.com

2:10 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more, Tom.

3:34 AM EDT  
Blogger Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

I actually picked up the bottle yesterday at , held it to my nose and put it down without spraying it on a blotter. Did not enjoy at all.....

8:29 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

bosnishmuslima-

Eau d'Issey is a piece of art. This is the first one I've smelled of the flankers. I'd stick with the original.

10:59 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

olfactoria-

thanks!

11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

beth-

best thing you could do.

11:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home