Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Manly Yes, but I Like it Too: Knize Sec

By Tom

Everyone loves Knize Ten (as do I) but there are some times when even I think it might be skirting this side of too much. For instance I really can't see wearing it when it's really warm out and there is no immediate plans to achieve air conditioning. All that leather and musk..

Knize Sec is a lot more user-friendly, while still remaining interesting. It has opening citrus that Marina writes of as reminding her of gin-and-tonic. How bad could that be? I get limes and that touch of juniper and some of Knize Tens animalic parts, but turned down to about 3 and accented with a lovely incensey labdanum, and a very dry amber. Sometimes I feel like Knize Ten is wearing me: I don't get that feeling with Knize Sec. It's an easy one to default to when you want to smell great, if not challenging and don't want to smell yourself on every third person at the Mall.

$70 for 50ML at Luckyscent, where my sample came from.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Meredith said...

I am a Knize Ten devotee myself, but have been eyeing up Sec for awhile now. The way you describe it sounds like it would be really amazing in the heat. It's going on my next sample order, thank you for the review. :)

12:11 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

carrie-

It is pretty amazing, on or off the heat!

10:59 AM EDT  
Blogger Carrie Meredith said...

After reading this I went to Luckyscent fully intending to get a sample. I ended up with a sample of Knize Ten Golden Edition instead. It just sounded SO good. Next time I'll have to get the Sec. Next time.

2:54 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home