Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mostly Harmless: Justin Beiber SOMEDAY

By Tom

Being a fellow of middle age (or so) who does not have children I'm afraid that my exposure to the latest big thing in the world of pre-teens is limited.  My godchild was the last lifeline to cluing me in, but she is in her second year of college, so I think she's past the age where she's be a reliable source of info.

What I'm saying is that I have managed to live the past several years without really experiencing the whole Justin Beiber thing.  I don't think I've ever heard him sing (although I am told he does so well) or perform.  I know he had a supremely silly haircut that made news when he cut it.  But looking back at the teen idols from my youth, they had pretty silly hair as well, so who am I to talk?

In any case, he decided to put out a scent.

What does it smell like?  I once rented a car in a color so forgettable I mused it must be called Champagne Inoffensive Metallic.  That's the only adjective I can think of.  Inoffensive.  It starts off with a fruity-floral (lisitng mandarin, pear, jasmine and "creamy florals") then seems to add in a little vanilla and (unlisted) patchouli and finally a clean little musk.  As March pointed out, that's much better than wandering the corridors of the local junior high smelling like walk-of-shame.

Would I wear it?  No.  I do like it however, certainly far more than some of the other things in the shelf at Sephora (Pink Sugar, I'm looking at you) and nothing in the line is over $45.  I hope that the teens who do wear it don't apply it like some of the boys do with Axe.  I'm not sure at high concentration it would remain inoffensive..

At Sephora, where I sampled.

2 Comments:

Anonymous maggiecat said...

I was surprised to see this scent quickly appear at Nordstroms, then remembered that the pre-teen daughters of Nordie's usual demographic would probably be clamoring. I'm glad it's harmless - I wish my college students would wear it rather than the Flowerbomb of which they seem to be so fond!

10:27 AM EDT  
Blogger pitbull friend said...

Thanks, Tom! I had wondered about this one. Seeing the MJ Lola-"inspired" cap, I assumed it would be just as not-for-me as Lola is. I appreciate your sampling so I don't have to.;>)

12:50 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home