Nerd Girl Guesses What’s Hot for 2012
I don’t read fashion mags, I don’t visit the catwalks of South Beach, I don’t go to Paris much anymore. So who am I to guess perfume trends for 2012? Ha! I’m going to do it anyway! Here are my educated guesses about what we’ll see more of in perfumery this year. Please leave a comment telling me your top guess for a trend, OK?
1. Roses everywhere. I love a good rose perfume, and I’m guessing Her Old Fashionedness is going to make a big comeback this year. 2011 put a lot of us through a Cuisinart, and I’m guessing we’re thinking more about our grandparents, who also went through such times, and what our grandmas grew, which was roses. Roses are comforting, and roses are strong. Bring on the rose!
2. Leather and Cowboy-type notes. Smoke, sweat, hyrax poop. You get it. No more Mr. Clean. Hurray!
3. Travel sizes and variety sets. Perfumistas have been pleading for these for years, and just last year, a few started to appear. I’m guessing we’ll see more, but that might be wishful thinking on my part.
4. More food/perfume pairings for both perfume and gourmet goodies. There has been a lot of exciting crossover lately, and I think it’s just the beginning.
5. Weird scented objects. Like your phone, your toothbrush, your shoes, and your sunglasses. Well, why not, right?
OK, your turn? What’s coming down the pike?? And which way should we run???