Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Off Topic: Out of Town

By Tom

No perfume review this week- I was out of town courtesy of my friend in Connecticut. We haven't seen each other in a while and is was easier (and cheaper) to buy me a plane ticket than to buy her one and board her pups. We went up to Massachusetts to our hometown to meet a friend for lunch. Northampton was as I remember it, save for a few large banks that have become art galleries and small art galleries that have become banks. Of course, being a college town, it was stuffed with kids. Which makes for a vital place, but I admit I felt a little old.

Mini-reviews from my friend: big thumbs up on Derby, medium thumbs up on smell bent Dry, thumbs down on Etat Libre “Like This” which I have to admit I liked a lot better in the dry heat of LA: it really blooms in the humid northeast. I was dabbing, not spraying..

I love New England and I loved having grown up there. But the weird thing is that my life in the slums of Beverly Hills is a lot more walkable- there’s everything within a 15 minute stroll I’ll ever need, while my friends house you literally need to drive everywhere. I loved my trip, but am happy to be home.

Photos: My iPhone.


4 Comments:

Blogger marsha said...

I hate to be the one to bring up a problem, but where are the pups?

Beautiful countryside!

11:02 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:29 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Duly added!

12:46 PM EDT  
Blogger marsha said...

Thanks Tom - pretty pups!

8:20 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home