Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, November 15, 2012

JoAnne Bassett Sensual Embrace Parfum

By Tom

I'm a fan of JoAnne Bassett, who specializes in natural perfumes that are classically French in a way that you simply aren't going to get from France anymore. I really liked her Indulgence, and recently smelled and loved her Venus Amber. At that time, she gave me an envelope with samples of some of her other scents which I'll keep circling back to.

Notes (according to the card): Clementine, Rose de Mai, Jasmine, Tuberose, Orange Blossom, Ambrette Seed, Amber accord, Tobacco, Vintage Mysore Sandalwood, Patchouli and others.

Drooling yet? You should be. While reading that list you might think that it could go horribly wrong, and if it were coming from a lesser artist it might. But this is so well blended that there's not one note that's overdone in the slightest; the musky base and the patch are just seductive whispers under the innocent white flowers, creamy woods and hint of tobacco. Were I naming it I'd have called it "seduction". Lasting power is good for a botanical, I got a good six hours out of it. Since it really isn't an office scent (not that you couldn't wear it there, but I would think of it as an evening one) that's fine in my book.

Sensual Embrace is available at JoAnne's website (link to Etsy site). Her Facebook Page is here. My sample was provided by the perfumer.

Image: her website

6 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:18 AM EST  
Blogger Tammy said...

The top notes hate me, but the bottom notes beckon. And I do prefer perfumes that are beautifully blended so that no one note sticks out.

Two out of three ain't bad, right? A sample is in my future. Darn you.

11:18 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Tammy-

sorry!
but I don't think you'll be disappointed..

10:16 PM EST  
Blogger Flora said...

It's definitely beckoning to ME! Sounds amazing! And I do love those classical "old school" French perfumes...

3:00 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Donna-

The sad thing is that you can't really get them from France anymore with all the restrictions. Glad JoAnne is out there taking up the slack.

10:42 PM EST  
Blogger Martha said...

Tobacco _and_ white flowers _and_...

Oh. Well. Yes, I need to try this.

10:02 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home