Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Monday, July 03, 2006

Lazy, moi? Two days off and An Idea For Your Consideration

I am taking Monday and the Independence Tuesday off. On Wednesday, Mr. Colombina will review Cumming The Fragrance ... I have a feeling the post may be Rated 18.

Also, yesterday a fabulous reader had a great idea for a post and very graciously agreed to write about it on Perfume-Smellin’ Things (I’m not saying more, wait and see). And that gave me an idea…Let’s say you do not have a blog, because you don’t have time and/or interest for regular posting, or you have a blog that has nothing to do with perfume….And let’s say you have something perfume-related you wanted to talk about (a review of a scent, a tribute to a favorite note or a favorite perfume house or a favorite perfumer, a fragrant memory, a scent-related rant, pet peeve, a story or an observation of any sort, just to name a few)…Here is my idea. You write about it and I will publish your post on Perfume-Smellin’ Things. The fact that you wrote one article wouldn’t mean that you are expected to write more (unless you want to). The only requirements are that the posts are in some way perfume-related and fairly well-mannered. I also want to add that I don’t have a set number of such posts in mind and would post as many articles as there are written, the more the merrier. And if you reside in other country (other than the US, I mean), that's great too! For an example of such an arrangement, please look at one of my favorite blogs, Slap of the Day, which regularly features posts written by Guest Slappers. The wonderful Now Smell This is another blog that publishes articles written by authors other than Robin, although in that case the contrubutions are made on a regular basis. As I noted above, I do not expect continuing contributions, unless it is something you are really interested in doing.

If being a guest poster on Perfume-Smellin' Things sounds like something you want to do, contact me using the link on the right. I am looking forward to hearing your ideas!
*
The image is by Anne Taintor from annetaintor.com.

18 Comments:

Blogger carmencanada said...

Marina, what a great idea!
I can't maintain a blog
(I write/translate/teach for a living and can't manage the input), but I'd certainly love to contribute from Paris. I'll be thinking along those lines and submit a contribution shortly -- could be about vintage scents, my collection is truly growing.
Best, and enjoy your break!
Denyse

6:07 AM EDT  
Blogger andy said...

Great idea, Marina! maybe you will see me as "guest" one day...

6:39 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Denyse,
How wonderful! I will be looking forward to it!

8:22 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Andy,
I really hope I will see you as a guest poster here! I would absolutely love that!

8:23 AM EDT  
Blogger lilybp said...

Sounds wonderful! I won't promise to contribute--it's a bit too close to my "regular" work, and anyway I'm not very good at picking out notes--but you never know:)! In any case, I will look forward to reading the other contributions.

9:25 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Judith,
Well, I won't expect anything, but if ever you decide you do want to do it...I will be very happy to read and post it and I am sure that whatever you write will be fabulous!

9:35 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

M,
this is an excellent idea! *collecting courage for the future* ;-)

12:10 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

I hoped you'd say something like this, Tina! I would love for you to be a guest poster!!

12:11 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

What a nice idea!

12:36 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

T,
Think about it! Even your comments are full-size-post worthy (that one about MJ Blush Intense for a woman who says "darn", just to name one)... No pressure, but think about it :-)

12:38 PM EDT  
Blogger indieperfumes said...

great idea. I have a blog, www.indieperfumes.blogspot.com, but
it could be that this is a good way to cross pollinate with thoughts and ideas, and sometimes get a day off, too...

3:12 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Luccia,
Great to hear from you! Your blog looks great, very interesting!

3:20 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to some guest blogging. Afraid that any of my contributions would be in the line of...for example, one of the village grandmothers who swears that Chanel No. 5 catches the biggest salmon and keeps a bottle in her tackle box to spray on bait. Or is this her excuse for buying Chanel No. 5...
Anyway...great idea and Happy Independence Day!

11:15 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

E,
Oh my word, that is a great story! Imagine a little collection of such little scent-related anecdotes! I, for one, would love to read those! Just a thought for you...:-)

11:21 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to contribute a couple reviews =) I'm usually too lazy to wax enthusiastic about my faves, but a couple have really grasped my imagination, and I'd love a chance to put my thoughts out there!

2:52 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great - I would love to do it - must think of a topic first I guess....:-)

6:49 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Joesy,
That's great! I am looking forward to your reviews!

7:05 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Flora,
Great! Let me know as soon you have decided on the topic(s), I am looking forward to it!!

7:06 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home