Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Update the Wishlists! Les Exclusifs de Chanel

To be launched in February 2007 in Chanel boutiques and later in March at Bergdorf Goodman, are six new scents, Les Exclusifs de Chanel, a collection of fragrances featuring expensive, rare ingredients and representing the "artistic spirit" of the company's perfume business:

Coromandel. Named after the Chinese lacquered screens Chanel collected, it is a spirited oriental with amber and dry notes. (As a side note, also see this Lagerfeld dress and the makeup color palette, inspired by Coromandel screens)

28 La Pausa. Built around an iris note and named after a house Chanel owned in the South of France.

Bel Respiro. Named after one of Chanel's residences on the outskirts of Paris, this is a very green, fresh scent evoking "stems, leaves and springtime."

No.18. Mamed after the Chanel jewelry boutique at Place Vendôme, it is built around the note of ambrette seed extracted from hibiscus flower.

31 Rue Cambon. Named after the location of Coco Chanel's couture workshop, it is a chypre built without oakmoss.

Eau de Cologne. A lively floral with citrus, bergamot and neroli.

The "old" boutique exclusives, Gardenia, Cuir de Russie, Bois de Iles and No.22 will also be included in the line, with an updated packaging.

Les Exclusifs will be available in 200 ml sprays for $175.00. Eau de Cologne will also be available in a 400 ml splash for $300.00.

(From WWD, Basenotes, Now Smell This. The image is from WWD.com)

The questions I have are: why such big bottles, how involved was Christ Sheldrake in the creation of these six, where are the rumoured re-releases of the vintage Chanels, what about Reve, and finally - who is with me to plan an Ocean Eleven kind of heist in order to finance the purchase of Les Exclusifs?

23 Comments:

Blogger tmp00 said...

I'll drive the getaway car!

1:19 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to see myself as a Cary Grant style crim, but I think I'm probably more lke Woody Allen... - but good with diplomacy if we need a sprinkling of charm for anything.


I want to know about Sheldrake's involvement too...

2:26 AM EST  
Blogger Erin said...

If Sheldrake was involved, I'm in. We should probably use aliases from here on, though. I particularly like the sounds of No. 18 and Coromandel...

7:42 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Tom,
Good, I hope you'd volunteer, because you know, I can't drive :-) For a budding criminal that is not a good thing, I guess.

8:34 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Leopoldo,
Of course we need a sprinkling of charm. We are charming criminals.

8:37 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Erin,
So as not to make our target too obvious, we should borrow aliases from other perfume lines. I'd like to be known as Miss Dior, please :-)

Not sure about Sheldrake, the article only mentions Polge. I hope they eventually do let the new kind, Chris, do SOMETHING.

8:42 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I be Miss Villoresi? I can do acrobatics (okay, cartwheels); will that be useful in any way? ;-)
I'm with Erin. I want the Coromandel and No.18.

10:17 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Ooh, Miss Villoresi, absolutely! Have you seen Entrapment? You'd be doing the kind of acrobatics that Zeta Jones was doing there :-)

10:19 AM EST  
Blogger IrisLA said...

Count me in. I'll be the technical nerd. (Note to self: learn about electronics!)

11:27 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Iris,
Of course! Every self-respecting heist team has to have a technical nerd :-)

11:28 AM EST  
Blogger Lisa Olga said...

Why the big bottles? Good question. Here is my take. On a ml for ml basis, these are not expensive fragrances. But very often price point defines cachet and marketability to the uppah clientele. A $175 price point gets much more attention than a $45 price point (approx ml4ml price for 50 ml of the juice).

Chanel wants to get these frags into circulation and get buzz generating sales.

Perfect size bottles for group splits. If each of six friends bought one bottle - then even splits would give each person a little over an ounce of each new fragrance. And this size bottle is also a great size for decant sellers; again, spreading the buzz while at the same time building Chanel's portfolio of "niche type" scents.

12:43 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

FF,
Ah! very, very good point.

12:45 PM EST  
Blogger Trina said...

Dude. Even though nearly all Chanels don't work for me, I want to try these. I almost wish Cuir de Russie hated me too, so the line would be a total wash and I could resist this terrible temptation!

I'd like to be Ms. Vicki Rolfe, if I may.

2:44 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Ms Rolfe,
Welcome to the team! I can't belieeeve only Cuir de Russie works for you. Bois des Iles does not? Is that aldehydes that bother you? I bet there would be at least one among the new ones that you'd like.

2:46 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm older and look perfectly forgettable. I have a motorcycle jacket with big stash pockets on the inside. You guys do the distracting and safe cracking, and I'll slip the good stuff into the jacket. Don't let them change Bois des Iles though! It's perfect the way it is!
--SniffQ
www.quinncreative.com

10:05 PM EST  
Blogger marchlion said...

Let's grab a set or two and split them 24 ways. I'll provide the distraction by bringing Buckethead and Hecate into the store to browse with me...

They sound pretty fabulous, don't they? Although I'm having trouble imagining the chypre sans oakmoss.

10:31 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

SniffQ,
If they change Bois des Iles, we'd have to...well...I guess to annihilate them ...what do we have to lose? :-)

10:32 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

March,
You bring you two lovely girls, I'll bring my little angelic-looking terror. Our heist team will be the most successful in the history of heists.

10:33 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey safecracker and evil genius here offering her services.

Sly Skye

1:44 AM EST  
Blogger lilybp said...

I always wanted to be Mrs. Peel. And I DO own lots of leather.:)

9:01 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Sly Skye,
We definitely need a safecracker! The position of Evil Genius is sadly already taken. (said she modestly) :-D

9:32 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

J,
That role was made for you. Mrs Peel, welcome to the team.

9:33 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

S,
I want them ALL :-) Looking forward to more of your reviews of the new Chanels!

8:29 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home