Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Friday, January 15, 2010

Creed Royal Scottish Lavender

Lavender, a chilly note in and of itself, is not necessarily my favorite fragrance ingredient in cold weather, unless I am looking for an olfactory detox of sorts... if not remorseful corporal mortification... after the holiday excesses. Or unless it is served warm, like in Creed's Royal Scottish Lavender.

Built on the same jolting-n-soothing principle as, say, mint hot chocolate, a drink made for snowy days, Royal Scottish Lavender juxtaposes the fresh, bright sharpness of lavender with the sweet, satisfyingly thick velvetiness of vanilla and sandalwood. Like with mint hot chocolate, where the cooling effect of mint somehow tricks your mind into thinking that the beverage, despite being chocolaty, creamy and sweet, is not particularly calorific, Creed's Lavender creates an illusion of transparency and gives me that vague, smug feeling I always get when wearing an herbal(-ish) scent- that in some way the perfume is actually good for me, aroma-therapeutically speaking. Add to that the cushiony, snugly effect of vanilla and sandalwood, and what you have is a great winter comfort scent. If you too don't believe that lavender may be such, do give Creed's rendition a try.

Available where Creed is sold, $175.00-$280.00.

Image source, creedboutique.com.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous lady jane grey said...

I always thought Lavender is an old lady's scent - until I experienced the lavender fields in lilac bloom in Vaucluse and I fell for it. It must be done well, of course, like in Gris Clair. And I like Scotland very much, and since I'm going there in March I'll definitely need a warming / comforting scent - so I'll happily try Creed's Royal Scottish L.

3:19 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

M,
Scotland in March is probably so atmospheric :-)

6:24 AM EST  
Blogger elle said...

I always claim that I'm not a fan of lavender scents, but given the awkwardly substantial number of lavender scents I do find myself loving, I think I really need to start amending that statement and simply say that I'm not a fan of super sharp, nasal clearing lavender scents. This is one that I definitely enjoy - super comforting.

1:32 PM EST  
Blogger Brian said...

RSL is good (and more interesting than most Creeds), but to my nose Caron's Pour un Homme is better. And far, far, far less expensive.

4:54 PM EST  
Anonymous Marian said...

I’ve sampled quite a few lavender essential oils and it’s amazing how much they differ depending on variety and country of origin. Lavender Mailette has a soft smoothness that is one I can easily imagine happily co-existing with vanilla and sandalwood.
Although I generally prefer to smell lavender in my garden than on my writs, knowing how much I love comfort scents, especially in winter, maybe I should try to be a little more open-minded. The next time I’m at BG’s I’ll definitely give it a spritz!

10:49 AM EST  
Anonymous Ms. Grumps said...

When I'm feeling jaunty lavender seems like just the thing to add a little lift to my step and nattiness to my whites. I'm not sure I want my lavender to be comforting!

10:50 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home