Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Monday, November 07, 2011

Bitter Cocoa Angel: The Best of the Bunch

By Marla

I’ve had time to sample all the new series of gourmet/gourmand Thierry Muglers, named Taste of Fragrance, and I have to say, they go way beyond the usual flanker sniff-and-run. For the most part, the series exceed the originals. I strongly urge every perfumista, even those who can’t bear or wear the House of Mugler, to give these a sniff.

I actually bought a bottle of the dark cocoa laced Angel Taste of Perfume. Now my regular readers know I wear Angel and am very fond of it when used “delicately”, meaning, in minute quantities. When I am alone.

This new Angel is just chocolate bliss. The patch has been toned down a little, and the “dewberry” type fruit notes are loud and up front for only a few minutes. Then Chocolate Paradise is mine! This is a strong and bitter chocolate, not sweet. For those who love Angel, I think you’ll love this, too. For those who can’t stand it, it’s still worth a sniff. I think it’s the best of the Angelic Chorus.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, shopping in Paris sounds wonderful.
I believe that's where this series debuted.
-Marla

5:51 AM EST  
Blogger Karin said...

I love Angel, and recently purchased this. Curious about the Liqueur, too. Have you tried that one, Marla? How does it compare?

10:51 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Karin,
I'm very curious about the Liqueur de Parfum, but haven't bought it because several reviewers said it was quite "boozy", and that's definitely not how I want to smell when I'm out and about! ;-)Many reviewers have really raved about it, I have to find some to try. They never have it at the stores I visit.
-Marla

12:04 PM EST  
Blogger Flora said...

This just might win me over if I can find it anywhere near me. I like a good dark chocolate note, as opposed to "dusty" cocoa.

11:26 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Flora,
T Mugler is trying to get these into wide distribution (Angel with cocoa, Alien with caramel, Womanity with fig chutney, and AMen with hot peppers). It was at Nordstrom's, and should also be at Lord & Taylor's and some others. They're also on the Thierry Mugler website. I believe they are $90 for 32ml. Hope that helps!
-Marla

6:08 AM EST  
Blogger Barbara said...

Oh, I must try this. I've been liberally spritzing Neonatura Cocoon for my choco fix (it's a dry, woody, cocoa-type frag - adore it).

10:42 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbara,
You know, I love Neonatura Cocoon! Yves Rocher has some lovely perfumes that don't get nearly enough attention. I would say the Angel has a darker cocoa note, but there are similiarites.
-Marla

6:26 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home