Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Revisiting Tubereuse Criminelle

By Tom

It official: the winter exclusive that will be debuting in America from Serge Lutens is Tubereuse Criminelle.  I wrote of it years ago as "the post-modern Fracas" and ", Marina stated it's "like a magnificent, seemingly lazy animal...always ready to pounce", while Donna wrote that "It is the ultimate Femme Fatale scent".  Revisiting my decant it's still something that I really love, from its menthol-tinged opening to its completely decadent white-flower heart.  This is one that some would sincerely recommend that one doesn't affix a sprayer.  I'm not one of them.  Spray away, ladies.

It will be I assume $140 when it arrives here.  My review is from a decant I purchased from The Perfumed Court.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Flora said...

Oh yeah, I can't wait, this will be my Christmas present to myself this year! I have been waiting a long time for this to be released from its Exclusive prison.

12:13 AM EDT  
Blogger dremybluz said...

This was one fragrance that I detested from the start, but eventually grew to love. It is joyous news to know that we will be able to buy this in the states, especially since a friend accidentally broke my bell jar of this liquid gold.

4:49 PM EDT  
Anonymous Alison said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent. I've never gotten the diesel/menthol/rubber/whatever opening, it smells like honeysuckle straight out of the *sprayer* to me!

One my holiday gift list as well!

6:42 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not just for ladies I might add. When people are saying that Carnal Flower is a masculine tuberose I cannot help but smile. Have they ever tried this?

11:26 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tried the export version today. still nice but they way toned down and thin out the opening...the tuberose peeked through almost right away....:/

4:49 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

Anonymous - say it ain't so! I want my weird and wonderful original TC!

12:47 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home