Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Next week...


… will be business as usual. Planning the posts for the Christmas week and trying to come up with something thematic, I realized that I don’t have that many olfactory Christmas associations. That is probably mainly due to the fact that I was born and raised in Soviet Union where Christmas was not celebrated. New Year was, and I believe it still remains the most favorite holiday in Russia and Former Soviet Union, with fur-tree, decorations, Grandfather Frost (Santa Claus), presents, huge holiday feast…

So, next week’s reviews will not be particularly Christmassy, but I will try to come up with something more festive to celebrate the New Year.

7 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Thank you, Christina, you are so kind!!

4:22 PM EST  
Blogger Caitlin Shortell said...

M,
I hope you have gotten your little package I sent you! I will be looking forward to your posts and as a woman raised by a Jewish mother who loved to decorate for all holidays (Christmas and Easter included) and an atheist Irish father, I will be delighted by your posts whether or not they are holiday appropriate.

Actually, now that I think of it, it seems like you could do something around Hannukah as it is the festival of lights, too, if you were stretched for holiday inspired scents.
-Cait
http://bouncetime.blogspot.com

4:16 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Cait,
The post is sloooow ...:-( I will lte you know as soon as it is here and I hope you receive my tiny package soon as well.
What would be a good scent to review on Hannukah? :-)

9:42 PM EST  
Blogger Caitlin Shortell said...

Let's see, I would think something to commemorate the miracle of the oil lasting for eight nights. Hmmm, how about a perfume of fire? Antica Farmacista Fuoco? Maybe some perfume that is very oily. You could review perfume extraits for eight nights, or oil format scents. I like the idea that it was perfume oil that miraculously lasted rather than oil for light, as fragrance is perhaps more precious than good lighting. Heehee.

12:53 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Must find a sample of Fuoco! I am not a fan of oils, at all, but I love the idea of fiery perfume. Off to google...

9:15 AM EST  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

see, now I didn't know that about you! glad I stopped by :-)

11:20 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Revelations, revelations... :-)

11:21 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home