Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Bond No 9 West Side and New York-Centric Holiday Gifts

Bond No 9 is about to officially launch their new scent, West Side. Inspired by the part of NYC that "has been home to Carnegie Hall, Tin Pan Alley, the Cotton Club, the Copacobana, Birdland, Lincoln Center, Studio 54, and S.O.B.'s", West Side is described as "an ultra-melodious eau de parfum that finds the scent equivalent for the sounds of music in its full-bodied, mellow composition, its undulating rhythms, its harmonies, its pitch" and its notes: rose, ylang ylang, peony, sandalwood, amber, vanilla and musk. So far I have only been able to test the scent on a paper strip, and it smells bright, joyful and girly.

West Side comes in a richly hued bottle in red and blue, ornamented with the curling treble clef. It will retail for $185.oo (3.4oz), $125.oo (1.7oz) and, like other Bond No 9 scents can also be purchased by the ounce (starting from $45.00).

The official launch date: November 1st, 2006.

Also, for the impending Holiday Season, Bond No 9 came up with "New York-Centric Holiday Gifts", among them:

Nuit de Noho, Crystallized: a Limited Edition bottle in midnight blue, studded with Swarovski satrts, $395.00 for 3.4oz.

Perfumista's Custom Blend Box: A selection of "most desirable" Bond No 9 fragrances in refillable, travel-ready, foil-wrapped spray flacons, which includes two empty flacons. The idea is to mix and match one's own Bond blends. (Some blending "recipes" are included). $240.00.

Swarovski Pocket Spray: Little spray flacon with black Swarovski stones, comes with three refills. $195.00.

The Chinatown Candle, Crystallized: Limited edition candle studded with Swarovski crystals. $185.00

12 Comments:

Blogger elle said...

I adore jazz and wish they wouldn't have included Birdland in the same line as Studio 54. I also think of jazz as much more complex than that scent sounds. OK - it's obviously not supposed to be an exclusively jazz inspired scent, so I'm just being grumpy here since that's what I would have wanted. :-)
Happy Birthday again to your DD!

7:47 AM EDT  
Blogger lilybp said...

I agree with everything L. said. In addition--the Upper West Side (where I lived for years) is much more complex than this bottle suggests (or maybe it isn't now, since it's all yuppified). In any case, I really dislike this bottle--hope the scent is better.

8:03 AM EDT  
Blogger chayaruchama said...

Happy Birthday to your darling...

What say you to an arranged marriage?

I have a lovely son, with exquisite taste in fragrance, and Old-World manners, who might be a cavalier consort for her...

A propos of this company, I've moaned to poor Helene, that I'm tired of being bombarded by their constant trendy efforts, however well-intentioned...

Wouldn't it perhaps be better to focus on releasing fewer, but more amazing, scents?
Just thinking out loud...
Anyone agree?

8:14 AM EDT  
Blogger lilybp said...

Agree with Chaya! I do like New Haarlem (esp. as a candle) and I find Chinatown interesting (and THAT is a nice bottle), but the rest are "meh" on me. They do serve a great brunch (with classical musicians playing) at the sniffa, though!

8:45 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
Thank you! I haven't tried West SDide on my skni, but from what I smell on the paper, it is lovely, but not what I would consider jazzy ...although I don't know WHAT I'd consider jazzy...hmmm

10:26 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

J,
The scent seems less colorful then the bottle, and I don't mean that in a negative way. The bottle *is* very colorful. Having said that, this scent is most probably not the kind of thing you like. I think.

10:27 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Chaya,
LOL! Well, I might be bribed into considering the arranged marriage for my dear darling...bribed with bottles of rare scents :-) The prince who brings me a full bottle of Djedi can have a hand of my princess :-D

10:28 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Judith,
What about West Broadway? That is truly my most favorite Bond. I like it even more than Chinatown.

10:29 AM EDT  
Blogger lilybp said...

Do you know, I don't think I've tried West Broadway--but I'm pretty sure I have a sample somewhere. *runs off to sniff*

10:35 AM EDT  
Blogger lilybp said...

Ack--no West Broadway sample (everything else but. . .); will make a note to smell it at the sniffa.

11:49 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

J,
Oh no! If you don't get to try it at sniffa, I'll provide you with a sample. I wore it today, I swearit kept me sane on this kiddie-ful day

5:11 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bond no.9's West Side

I was sent a sneak preview of this new scent by Laurice, so I'm one of only a few people that have actually smelled it and tried it on their skin.

It smells absolutely delicious!

Being a musician myself, I immediately fell in love with the incredible bottle which features the treble cleft, the international SYMBOL for music.

On November 1st, 2006, Bond no.9 New York will introduce to the World, the new international SCENT for music, Bond no.9's West Side!

7:10 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home