Fragrance X
First in Fragrance
My Photo
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Sunday, January 28, 2007

On (Improbable) To Try List: Rosine Arlequinade and Pierrot

Long-gone Rosine scents in amazing packaging, with names that appeal greatly to this Colombina:Arlequinade. 1924. Amber-floral-woody.

Pierrot. 1918. Hesperidic-Woody.

Images and information are from

If by any chance you have tried these scents or have some more information about them, please comment!


Blogger tmp00 said...

That Arlequinade bottle is fantastic- makes me wonder if Lloyd Wright saw this before designing the Sowden House

10:22 PM EST  
Blogger colombina said...

wow, fantastic building!

10:25 PM EST  
Anonymous em said...

The Arlequinade bottle is beautiful. I can definitely see the similarity in the Frank Lloyd Wright Sowden House. I'd love to make a calendar of twelve perfume houses including the early Rosine's to the present. Unfortunately, the pictures, even if making a collage, have to be very large and finding them has been a problem. I adore perfume bottle art. Thanks for posting these gorgeous pictures.

8:14 AM EST  
Blogger colombina said...

Calendar- what a great idea! Did you manage to find the big enough pictures in the end?
I was browsing, drooling unsightly :-)

8:42 AM EST  
Anonymous em said...

No, unfortunately enough pictures haven't been found. I have a Guerlain page and a Serge Lutens page. Only need 10 more. :-)

9:08 AM EST  
Blogger colombina said...

Aw :-(

9:20 AM EST  
Blogger chaya ruchama said...

The stuff dreams are made of, SIGH !

7:01 AM EST  
Anonymous Katie said...

Oh lordly love that Commedia dell'arte inspired Arlequinade bottle. THAT is fantastic. What a find that would be.

7:19 PM EST  
Anonymous Katie said...

Heh - me and my typos. Oh lordly, indeed.

7:20 PM EST  
Blogger colombina said...

I wish some lord bestowed his lordly love on me and found me that flacon (full, no gone off). *sigh*

7:22 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tmp00: Frank Lloyd Wright's last name is simply "Wright," not "Lloyd Wright"

- Lloyd Wright was Frank Lloyd Wright's son, also an architect.

Andrew Lloyd NoTalent has nothing to do with this discussion, but I always enjoy pointing out his complete lack of talent whereever I can!

5:43 PM EST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home