Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Monday, September 15, 2008

Grumpy Monday: Ex Vinis Fragrances and a Prize Draw

From the least to the most unappealing:

Ribes Rubrum - S-Perfume 100% Love on steroids (the most interesting of the six scents- an appealing blend of drunken cranberries and fairly dirty musk)

Anthemis Nobilis - an overpriced budget version of Yatagan

Armeniaca Vulgaris - vanilla, in big doses probably indeed Vulgaris

Piper Officinarum - a fruity-woody scent spoiled by the presence of overly fresh notes, i.e. bergamot and lime, the duo that turned many a good composition into generic "drugstore" concoctions

Rubus Idaeus - Masculinus Genericus

Ananas Sativa - clean-smelling room freshener covering bathroom aromas

Moral of the story: gimmicks in perfume almost never work.

If you would like to try the Ex Vinis fragrances for yourself, please say so in your comment. One randomly chosen commenter will receive a set of six samples.

Labels:

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Masculinus genericus"- too funny for words! Perhaps I am a "Feminicus eccenticus". Please enter me in a draw for the original of the accompanying photograph ;-)

3:01 AM EDT  
Blogger elle said...

My cc adores you. :-) One positive thing about these scents - they inspired your brilliant reviews which had me literally laughing out loud.

4:38 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

M,
Hehe, if I had it, it woold've been yours.

6:39 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

L
I don't know about brilliant, grumpy- yes :-)

6:45 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what the heck - I'll try anything! Please enter me in the draw. :)

7:57 AM EDT  
Blogger ScentScelf said...

Har. Hope your terse humor helped get the grumpies out...I know it helped twist my mouth up to a smile!

Erm...no need to enter me in the drawing.... ;)

8:25 AM EDT  
Blogger Isa said...

I'd like to be in the draw, please. It's difficult to find non-mainstream perfumes where I live.

Thank you, Colombina!

8:32 AM EDT  
Blogger Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

One deliciously unnattainable photograph and a review so funny that I choked on my coffee.... Priceless.
However, my visa is saddened by the absolute lack of opportunity here:)

8:54 AM EDT  
Blogger TrippleJN said...

Wow...overpriced *and* budget.

That Ananas Sativa...it's an all-in-one? You don't even have to create your own bathroom stink anymore? It's just all there for you.

11:57 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I needed a Monday morning chuckle. Thank you for that. I would love to be included in your drawing.

12:08 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Кто-то сегодня в плохом настроении ... )

12:32 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

ROTFL - no thanks on the draw, but a brilliant summation of these scents! Gotta love the photo too, I did a double-take before I realized what I was actually looking at. :-D

4:30 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Picture and post both got a laugh out of a fellow grouch--but don't put me up for the drawing, please! There's enough meh to evil stuff out there, and i seemed to have picked up samples of most of it already...

4:49 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put me in the drawing

4:52 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put me in your drawing

4:53 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

despite (or because of, haha) your reviews, I'd still like have the chance of trying them. Ribes Rubrum sounds pretty good, at least.

7:21 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A draws a draw! Please enter me and better luck next time.

7:25 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Think I'll pass on the draw. I'm grumpy enough...

11:26 PM EDT  
Blogger Nancy said...

I love the photo. Is it to illustrate a particular scent? Ex Vinis Canidida albicans, perhaps?

12:13 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in on the draw

12:32 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

LOL, Nancy - in the immortal words of Ausin Powers: Oh, be-HAVE! :-D

3:43 PM EDT  
Blogger Divina said...

ROFL! Both Armeniaca Vulgaris and Rubus Idaeus had me laughing! Thanks, I really needed a little laughter after my 'beautiful' statistics book that deserves to be burned for repeating the same thing four times as though every reader is an idiot. And after that, the joys of marvelously laconic, funny writing.. Ah, thank you :)

9:39 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home