Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Name the Scent Prize Draw Winner

It was next to impossible to choose one, as there were so many beautiful, witty, meaningful suggestions.

I loved Feu de Marine by Eleven European Mystics, B'eau by Romain, Marin'eau by Natalie, Bashert by Elle, L'Eau Dangereuse by Alyssa, Fatale Poudree by Popcarts, Charodeika by Jen, Sagesse by Scott AND SO MANY OTHERS.

The winning entry is Mélusine, submitted by Anonymous at 12:47 PM EDT. Dear Anonymous, please send me your mailing address using the contact me link on the right.

Thank you you so much, everybody, for playing, it has been so much fun!

15 Comments:

Blogger popcarts said...

Perfect!

12:29 AM EDT  
Blogger jms said...

The moment I saw "Melusine" in the comments, I thought, that's exactly what I would pick if it were up to me. It's perfect. Congratulations on your new perfume, and congratulations to Anon. on coming up with such a fitting name!

3:44 AM EDT  
Blogger Tammy said...

I loved the name as well! Congratulations Anon!

9:04 AM EDT  
Blogger ScentScelf said...

Congrats, Anon!! Love "Melusine"... not to mention Marina's fun and generosity.

1:08 PM EDT  
Blogger Alyssa said...

That was so much fun! And I agree, Melusine is perfect. Now you must read (if you haven't already) A.S. Byatt's wonderful book, Posession, in which the Melusine story plays a large role.

(I don't like much of Byatt, but I adore Posession.)

10:20 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

popcarts,
I really loved so many of your suggestions, so much fun :-)

10:23 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

jms,
thank you so much!

10:23 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Tammy,
There were a lot of great ones tho'.

10:24 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

S,
no, humor and imagination of y'all.

10:24 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Alyssa,
Yesss! One of my favorite books, actually :-)

10:25 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful experience Marina. Anonymous did a perfect job, and your choice is superb. Congratulations.

12:51 AM EDT  
Anonymous fabiana said...

Such a wonderful experience Marina. Anonymous did a perfect job, and your choice is superb. Congratulations.

12:51 AM EDT  
Blogger RusticDove said...

Even though I thought there were so many incredible entries - Melusine really does seem to be the perfect one! That was so much fun. Congrats to anonymous!

11:32 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a lot of fun and congrats on your choice of Melusine! It is a wonderful name. Best, Jen

7:12 AM EDT  
Anonymous Jessica M said...

So many clever suggestions, but I just love, love "Melusine." Hope you've heard from the person who suggested it!

1:57 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home