Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Love Boat: smell bent Leisure Cruise Part Deux


By Tom

The fun (and affordable) line smell bent has added five more scents to it's über-cute Leisure Cruise line:

Tibet Your Bottom $ is an incense scent that has a delightfully frigid aspect to it. The spicy incense comes served an a base that can only be called "Sno-Cone". In the ungodly weather back East you might want this misted on you like you were a fern.

Chile Vanilla is a vanilla/patch and cinnamon bark; a well -played dance between the spicy cinnamon and the warm vanilla. There's just enough pachouli to keep the proceedings this side of foody.

Gaugin Tuan came out on me all Tiare flower and caramel. Bergamot drops in to make it less confectionary, but this one isn't me at all. If you like Tiare (I kind of don't) you'll love this.

Never Never Land is a rosy, woody amber with "arid outback" which smells to be a mix of cool vetiver and warm sage. It was easily my favorite of the bunch until I tried..

Tok 'Yo Mama, which is super-tart Yuzu and green tea (which I was told Brent brews himself) and lemony, woody hinoki. This opens bright with peel and becomes a bit boozy, with surprising lasting power. If you would want a misting system of "Tibet" you'll want "Tok 'Yo Mama" by the pitcher with crushed ice.

As usual with this line, they're a lot better than the price point and packaging would lead you to believe. Another perfumer might have come up with the very cute graphics, "wink-wink" names and delivered half-hearted juice, most likely at twice the price. Thanks be that Brent Leonesio isn't just another perfumer..

Available at the smell bent website, $45 for 50ML in spray, $20 for 8ML perfume oil. A generously sized sample set of all 5 is $25 I received my sample sprays from smell bent.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger lovethescents said...

I feel like I might be the only who hasn't tried the brand yet. Thank you for the reviews. I really must get cracking on sampling these :-)

8:54 AM EDT  
Blogger tsetse said...

Thanks for the reviews! I just ordered the sample set yesterday for these so I was holding my breath when I saw them reviewed this morning...but happy reviews, and now I'm just more excited for them to get here :)

10:27 AM EDT  
Anonymous Scent Genie said...

All looks nice but will look nicer in The Scent Genie, a new fragrance accessory being launched in September-October 2010. Google Scent Genie to see how it works.

Fragrance Lovers Rejoice!

11:53 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

lovethescents-

you really don't have anything to lose here. Even if you don't care for them it's not a big money loss

4:19 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

tsetse-

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did~

4:19 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Don'tcha love hijackers baldly popping in to hawk their tat? It's like a door-to-door vacuum-cleaner salesman..

4:21 PM EDT  
Anonymous Lee said...

Thank the heavens for scent genie. Sounds like I need those last two...

12:02 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Lee-

I think you might!`

1:42 AM EDT  
Anonymous Perfume24 said...

Hi.I also did not tried the brand yet. Hope I can order the sample of this soon.

7:07 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home