Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hey Mister: Byredo Mister Marvelous

By Tom

Barney's had the tester of this, but not the actual product. I only got to spray it; I didn't get a full sample so you'll have to take this review with a grain of salt.

Byredo and I are just not that into each other. There are scents of theirs that I like, but none that I love. Certainly not enough to purchase. I keep hoping that they'll come up with one that I will adore and want and need.

Mister Marvelous is not it.

I feel like I did once when set on a blind date by a friend with her old college pal. On paper it should have worked. He was handsome, kind and funny and we liked a lot of the same things. There was however zero spark. There was no spice to him; perhaps I need a little bit of the bad-boy to offset my own inherent vanilla-ness.

Mister Marvelous was the same way, with its opening of orange and neroli, lavender middle and sweet woody finish. The thing is, there are three thing I own that do this dance (and shall I be catty and write that they can dance longer?) and have the little quirk to them I need to be smitten.

Sorry Mister Marvelous, I'm just not that into you..

$135 for 50ML or $240 for 100, soon to be at Barneys, where I sampled.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Freeman said...

Wow, how much does that look like a Malle bottle?

3:27 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Quite a bit, now that you mention it.

12:16 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your writing! This was charming, witty. . .and not horribly mean spirited, just not delighted with Mr. Marvelous. Thanks for your review. The notes sound appealing; I'll have to search out a spritz when I'm near a Barney's. I'd like to try this and M/Mink.

In general, I agree, I've not adored any of the Byredo scents. . .but Tulipe was close, so pret-ty, ethereal, and I'd spray it again to re-experience it. I thoroughly enjoyed my tiny 5mL decant. Maybe Mr. Marvelous will be an instant sale for me. We'll see. Be well.
--HemlockSillage

7:19 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Hemlocksillage-

Thanks! It's a nice scent, it's just not me.

8:18 PM EDT  
Blogger Tammy said...

Tom, you don't strike me as particularly vanilla...much too witty.

The line overall doesn't do much for me, either, but I still need to try Tulipe.

10:40 PM EDT  
Anonymous Flora said...

Tom - so, in other words, Mr. Marvelous is just not Mr. Right? :-)

6:15 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Tammy-

Thanks!

1:29 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Donna-

Not even Mr. Right now.

1:29 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home