Well, I live Way Out There, but Luckyscent has Sample Packs, and I can’t resist them. Olfactoria wrote a provocative article about the indelibility of first impressions, and I responded that over 90% of the time, my first impressions remained true over time. But, said my Inner Skeptic, is this really true?? Or just the residue of a flawed memory? So here I am, with my first impressions of Luckyscent’s Fall Preview Sample Pack. In the interest of Science, I’ll follow up in a few weeks, after several wearings, with truly profound, pithy (don’t you love that word?), and scholarly reviews of each sample vial. Then we’ll see how they match, OK?
1. Tauer Perfumes Pentachords- Auburn- OK. Neon Spice Attack! Maybe good. Maybe too synthetic. We’ll see.
2. Tauer Perfumes Pentachords- Verdant- Weird. Really out there. Scary wafts of mint. Looking forward to long test. I think….
3. Tauer Perfumes Pentachords- White- Synthetic plastic eek! Ten minutes later, maybe the best marshamallow ever…. Like those marshmallows they make in Italy in the spring. Mmmm….
4. Serge Lutens- Vitriol d’O (I can’t bother looking up the spelling)- Meh, but needs time. Family members declare it smells “like a breath mint”.
5. Illuminum Gardenia Petals- Oh Holy British Teapots, smells like a train loo air freshener gone wrong….
6. Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte- synthetic and off-putting, yet I keep sniffing my arm….
7. Amouage Honour Man- Mmmm….I want to smell my DH in this. Heck, I’d smell any man in this!
8. Amouage Honour Woman- What Illuminated White Plastic Garden Petals should have been. Swoon.
9. Mona Di Orio Oud- This is not oud. It’s so much more. But I have no idea what to call it. I must live with this. For a month at least….
So there we go. Nine new perfumes. Nine little reviews. Let’s see how it all adds up in a month?
What are you testing these days, and how’s it going?