Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Something Different: Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

By Tom

Saturday was chilly and rainy in Los Angeles, so it was decided that my standing Saturday lunch with my BFF would be at The Beverly Center food court. I forget what I got (which shows you how memorable it was) and mall wanderage ensued..

One of the places I wandered into was the Body Shop, where my friend wanted me to smell the chocolate body scrub. Well, yes it's chocolaty. Disturbingly so. Like, I'm sure it's a great scrub, but I would have an insuperable desire for a Kit-Kat after it.

On a whim I tried the Hemp Hand Protector. As I've been coasting into, er, my late twenties I've noticed that the hands have actually needed some help. I'm not at the gnarled-claw stage, but a good hand-cream is needed.

This is great hand cream. Not greasy feeling, very hydrating and very long-lasting (even through a hand washing). It even smells nice. They list it as being for people with dry to extremely dry skin, but I don't consider mine to me that dry and I am seeing benefits, although I use about a corn-kernel sized amount..

$18.50 for 3.3 ounces at the Body Shop, where I purchased two tubes (2nd one 1/2 price)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie Puckrik said...

Tom - thanks for reminding me about this stuff! I remember using Body Shop's hemp line when it came out a million years ago because I loved the smell. And now that my hands are starting to look like they've been swapped by H.R. Pufinstuf's Witchipoo, I need the cream's lubricity more than ever.

6:01 AM EDT  
Anonymous jen said...

Katie Puckrik just said "H.R. Puffinstuf's Witchipoo". That is bad ass.

9:20 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Katie-

Your witchipoo years are far, far off. Me however..

I go by that store all the time and haven't been in since the 80's. A mistake I have corrected

10:57 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

jen-

Katie is badass. Period

10:57 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home