Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Back Soon

By Tom

Sorry I've been Radio Silent for a while. I've been having many trips to the dentist fixing myself up and it's actually been affecting my sense of smell slightly.

Actually, that's a big old lie. It's just made me feel hideous and old and annoyed that I can bounce back at (gasp! he admits it!) 50 the way I could when I was 20.

But it's all over and I promise to review something new next week.

Incidentally, I've been pulling out the heavy hitters as comfort for the "why do I have to do this s^&t" moans I've been indulging in. I write "indulging" because it is- I don't have cancer, my home hasn't been swept away in a mudslide and my loved ones aren't in an airliner on the bottom of some sea. But I am always amazed at the power that scent has over me. I can be energized, calmed or even aroused by different scents. 

So what scents to you turn to in times of stress?

Image: Wikipedia

5 Comments:

Blogger AustralianPerfumeJunkies said...

Hey Tom,
Stress is not something I have much of to be honest but if I'm grumpy I do like to grab out something with a happy memory attached, sometimes Amber Ceruleen by the Huitieme Art or Mohur by Neela Vermeire. Others an old favourite like Jazz or CHANEL no 5.
They all do the trick though,
Portia xx

2:58 AM EDT  
Blogger JoAnne Bassett said...

Hi Tom, Sorry to hear of your dental woes..

When I have stress I put on my latest custom perfume..and shift my energy ...to happy, uplifting, and heart opening. It does the trick for me. I also reach for my Luscious Roses parfu..as I feel like I am in a rose garden..or my Opulent eau de parfum..happy stuff...

10:52 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Portia-

I haven't tried the former two and I need to!

10:55 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

JoAnne- I need to try those. I still have some of your Indulgence and it's gorgeous. But I think Blunda (where I think we first met) is closed. Sad.

11:08 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

I hope you feel better soon! My "Happy Place" perfume these days is Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling, but I also gravitate to Caron's Parfum Sacre (vintage only)for a comfort scent.

5:24 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home