Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Gwen Stefani signs a deal with Coty

"Breaking News" from WWD Beauty! Everytime I see this kind of alert in my inbox my heart jumps a little in expectation of somethings exciting. Often the news are about some CEO being appointed or resigning. Today, however, it is actually worth mentioning. Gwen Stefani has signed a global licensing deal with Coty to develop and market a line of fragrances for her fashion and accessories brand, L.A.M.B. For complete coverage see tomorrow's issue of WWD. (From WWD.com) I have my hopes moderately high for Stefani's scent. Like her fashion style, it might not be my kind of thing, but it might actually be interesting.

The image is from fashion.cn.yahoo.com.

8 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

It might be interesting... she's one of the few celebs who it actually makes a bit of sense to have a fragrance out.

I'm secretly hoping for a Rob Zombie fragrance... who wouldn't want to wear something called "5,000 Fingers of Dead" or "Devil's Wing" or something like that? Heh. And I'm only half kidding about that.

2:33 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Heh. Well, I am also secretly looking forweard to trying Manson's new scent, which is going to smell "like children". :-)

2:35 PM EST  
Blogger Sexy Sadie said...

I am wondering about the made by Blog project.

You are a sociologist, right?

Do you plan write anything about the project in the light of nettwork of blogs and perhaps the theory of social capital?

4:06 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Sadie,
When the project is over, I'd be happy to write an acoutn of it...but not any sort of serious sociological analysis :-)

4:22 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Christina,
I kind of expected something interesting, slightly off-beat from SJP...but it was exactly what she caled it, lovely :-) So maybe there won't be any mindblowing originality in GS's scent either, we'll see.

10:08 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

L.A.M.B. Fragrance is pretty standard and unremarkable.
I think it's a little sweet and heavy and it was pretty overpowering when I sampled it. I don't like it, but I'm sure it will appeal to plenty of people.
I really like the l.a.m.b. line of bags/shoes/clothes, but I wouldn't buy this fragrance.

2:33 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Dear Anonymous,
It does sound rather disappointing :-(

2:36 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm this is my take on her scentS:
http://modernmixvancouver.com/?p=230

10:14 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home