Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Parfums 06130 Feuille de Reglisse

By Tom

Tamara, as all of you know has a wonderful blog and on it's wonderful pages I won a sample of this perfume; I love winning things, it makes me feel as if, well, as if I'd won something.

Parfums 06130 (pronounced "zeh-rho seese sehnt trahnnt", because this ain't some place in Connecticut, this is the postal code for Grasse, France, Europe, thanks ever so. Not that I didn't have to look that little fact up) is, according to the nice people at Aedes: "a new brand dedicated to creating the finest fragrances in the tradition of French perfume making"

The name, at Tamara points out translates to "licorice leaf", but unlike what you'd expect I get at first a bright, sweet, almost minty accord with a hint of orange blossom and bergamot. I know I previously wrote that bergamot must be outlawed as an opening in fragrances for the foreseeable future, but I am so please by the general happiness of this opening that I am going to let this one slide. As it dries, the root aspects of the licorice start to come forward taking the sparkling opening down a few notches. As it dries further the scent warms; nutmeg and cardamom stand out on me, but nothing ever threatens to overpower. It manages to be sweet, spicy, woody and flowery while also managing to be as light as a veil yet still tenacious enough that I could smell it hours later. While I can imagine that it would be stunning on a lady, I wouldn't hesitate to wear it myself; the flowers are so well balanced with the woods and the spices that it doesn't necessarily read as anything gender-specific. It's sort of a Tilda-Swindon-as-Orlando of scents. I'd love to try the rest of the line...

$145 for 3.4 ounces at Aedes

16 Comments:

Blogger kamala said...

oh, i was wondering what the "06130" was all about!

tom, btw, since i didn't catch you in a previous post, i'll write this off-topic comment again:
i tried noir epices after reading your earlier review of it and ... i couldn't smell it. no matter how much i put on. it made my nose burn and my lips tingle, but no scent. damn it! (i can't smell narciso rodriguez, either, or bois des iles.) is my nose insane or what?

10:45 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still trying to work out that pronunciation, but the scent sounds like a winner.

With the nutmeg and mint and licorice, does it go gourmand-y at all? I'm really liking that you say it still stays light despite the woods and spice--that's tough to pull off.

Thanks for highlighting a house that I'd not heard of before--their Cedre also sounds really good.

10:56 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

kamala-

that happens a lot and could be several things- you could not be able to smell certain ingredients (loads of people can't smell certain musks) or your skin could just eat certain notes- like my deskankotron skin.

11:04 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

billy-

Nope. There's just enough tuberose to keep if from being foody. I awoke this morning smelling divine...

11:06 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, Orlando is my bible...
I'm not a friend of licorice, not at all, so I was very surprised to like Caron's Eau de Reglisse (I had to fight for a spritz with the SA who maintained that it's "only for men" and couldn't understand that I'm not happy with rules like hers...). So I'm looking forward to try the Feuille...

6:11 AM EST  
Blogger elle said...

The clarion call of cardamom sounds - must order a sample immediately. Have liked, but not adored the other scents in this line. I think this one may break that trend - seems truly perfect for summer.

7:29 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds beautiful Tommo. I bet you wear it well.

8:26 AM EST  
Blogger Divina said...

I've never smelled anything by this line. You make this one sound like a lovely transparent film that surrounds the body discreetly - a surprise for a liquorice scent!

8:50 AM EST  
Blogger chayaruchama said...

This stuff IS lovely-
But nowhere NEAR as gorgeous as Ms. Tamara.
What a beauty- inside and out.

10:41 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

jane-

I'm not big on licorice in scents either; I was pleasantly surprised by this one.

11:34 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

elle-

maybe it's the cardamom that does it for me; you're right, this would be perfect for summer.

11:35 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

divina-

It is surprising!

11:35 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

lee-

I bet you would wear it well too.

11:37 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

chaya-

That's the honest truth!

11:38 AM EST  
Blogger ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Tom,

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Excellent description, too! And you are one of the lucky ones if you can still smell it this a.m. :-)

9:52 AM EST  
Blogger ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

((Chaya Ruchama)). You are one to talk Mrs. Wonderful Angel of Kindness!

9:54 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home