Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Bryant Park - New Scent From Bond No 9

Bond No 9 is about to release Bryant Park, The Scent of New York’s Frenzied Fashionistas Descending on a Lush Oasis of WiFe’ed Greenery Just One Block from Times Square. Inspired by the park in the heart of midtown Mandattan, the current home of the New York Fashion Week, the scent is said to be Bond No 9's "most fashion-oriented eau de parfum: a rose-patchouli concoction with pink pepper added for dissonance".

The Bryant Park bottle, ornamented with swirls of pink, lavender, and black on a white background, is evocative of the gossamer silk pre-Mod textiles of the late 1950s and early 1960s.

As for the notes, the fragrance will have:

Not so demure lily of the valley.
Rhubarb too feisty for a fruit pie.

Nearly sneeze-able pink pepper
that
undercuts any hint of sweetness.
Rose, for a dose of undiluted femininity.

In your face, insolent patchouli.

Tart and decadent raspberry.

Soothingly sensual amber.


Bryant Park will premiere at Olympus Fashion Week (in Bryant Park, natch!) and be officially launched on March 1st 2007. It will be available at all four Bond No. 9 stores in New York, countrywide at selected branches of Saks Fifth Avenue and internationally at Harvey Nichols, UK, Paris Gallery, U.A.E, and in Lane Crawford, Hong Kong. Besides being sold in its 3.4 oz. artist-designed superstar bottle and box presentation ($185), 1.7oz travel size ($125) and by the ounce ($45), it will also be offered in 2-ounce basic spray flacons with gilt honeycomb cap ($40-$150) and in vintage/art bottles, featured in a wide variety of designs ($60 - $200).

(From the Bond No 9 Press Release)

14 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Marina, I read your post last night and was going to post a comment but then I thought..."if you don't have anything nice to say". I have this horrible relationship with Bond No 9 in that I want them to release something truly unique and yet every time I get more testers, I am shocked that I have smelled them all before. I must admit that I haven't tried them all but I am getting close.

This sounds a lot like Calvin Klein's Euphoria to me. I guess we shall wait and see. It could also be an Angel dupe...oh wait, I guess that was Nuits de Noho. The bottle is beautiful though.

Any recommendations on truly unique Bond No 9 scents?

10:25 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Kelley,
Rose and patchouli...I am anticipating something along the lines of Divine's new scent L'Inspiratrice. That would be great.

For me, Chinatown is the most unique Bond No 9 scent. I also like West Broadway (an underrated gem), West Side and New Haarlem.

11:16 AM EST  
Blogger Gaia said...

I love New Haarlem, but wasn't impressed with most of the others that I've tried (haven't sniffed them all, yet). This Pucci-style bottle is a good enough reason to give the scent a chance.

12:44 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

The non-blonde,
The bottle, is, as usual, stunning. I actually really like the sound of the notes...apart from rhubarb. I am a little scared of rhubarb :-)

12:52 PM EST  
Blogger Kelley said...

I am making a prediction that it will be a Euphoria dupe. I am often wrong though!!!

Thanks for the advice. I think I have West Side somewhere... but haven't tried the others. I will see about getting some samples! My New Years resolution is to not buy anything, ANYTHING (fragrance wise) without testing first.

5:58 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

What's WiFe? Is that some new kind of WiFi or another new acronym for a New York Neighborood like NoLiTa?

"Rhubarb too feisty for a fruit pie"? Oy, it's too early.

11:37 AM EST  
Blogger lilybp said...

The bottle is great, the scent sounds like it might be nice (if that raspberry hides well enough), but I am still mad at them about Lisa (I admit that it is easier to be so b/c I am not a great fan).

As far as unique scents, the only ones I can think of are New Haarlem (my fave--but I like the candle even better), and of course, Chinatown. I agree that West Side is nice, but it doesn't seem unique to me. And, as you know, West Broadway smells like soap on me:( (Dial soap, in particular, according to DH--who added "but I like Dial soap:)

12:45 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They had me until the raspberry...love love the bottle, as usual

9:50 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Kelley,
Good luck with that resolution! :-)

11:54 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Tom,
I have not a clue what WiFe is...and am a little scared of that rhubarb.

11:54 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Judith,
I am even more mad at eBay itself. They have no right to do what they did without issuing prior warnings. For example if a company does not have a page on VeRO, how is one supposed to know about their policies? The devil-may-care attitude of eBay has become especially obvious to me, whejnI found out about L's suspension because of the German law. Try searching for that law or anything to do with Germany on eBay's Help pages. There is NOTHING there. So how is one supposed to know about some obscure law passed by another country? Warnings must be issued. Explanations must be made. THEN only, if one does not comply, can eBay take measures. UGH.

11:59 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

insou2you,
You know what New Haarlem reminded me of? Route 66 by Coty :-)

11:59 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Texassnow,
yeah...I am afraid of that raspberry.

12:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too bad about the ebay situation but from a company's perspective- I can understand a bit on how they are trying to protect the brand. That's unfortunate this person had to suffer but there was prob a good reason for it. I think the bottle is fabulous and would look great in any fragrance collection.
West Side remains my favorite for winter.

6:27 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home