Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Friday, February 11, 2011

Caron News: L'Accord 119, a rose, an oud and a masculine

An inside source tell us (nothing like a little vagueness and an editorial we to make one feel ever so important, eh? - reminds me of this hilarious post by Brian) that, in March, Caron will release in the States L'Accord 119. This should come as welcome news to all of a handful of people familiar with it. I got to try the beautiful creation, which is far more complex than the "fruity-floral" description Caron is seemingly labeling it with (alhtough there certainly IS fruit, done in the luscious, ripe, dark manner of Patou Colony), thanks to the generosity of Shelley, Notes from the Ledge, who, along with Octavian, 1000 Fragrances, was the first to talk about L'Accord 119. Shelley's article can be found here, Octavian's here.

Apart from L'Accord, Caron will also release:

- A rose fragrance, "a fresh, light rose, evocative of sweet rose milk. Rose, lotus, lily of valley, jasmine absolute, lychee"

-An oud, "rose, rockrose, jasmine, cedar, saffron, musk". It remains to be seen, whether this is one of the existing Caron ouds, Oud, Secret Oud(h) and Royal Oud, or a new creation. My guess is, one of the former. Secret Oudh is the only one I tried; it had the kind of baroque grace, which to me is a uniquely Caron quality. Elegant opulence, luxury in hushed tones is another way to put it. Also, it was not particularly oud-heavy, which is not necessarily a bad thing in the context of the style of this house.

-A masculine scent, with "fig and fruity notes, cedar, sandalwood, basil, verbena".

Call your Caron fragrance consultant to find out if they might be agreeable to taking a pre-order. In New York, Caron is hidden in Phyto Universe, 715 Lexington Avenue (58th Street); 212-308-0270. Edited to add that you can ask for Diane when you phone for pre-orders.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous mocards said...

I read about the new Caron releases yesterday and am very eager to try them. Living in the hinterlands, the address and phone number for Caron is most appreciated. Thank you for further information.

4:11 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

M
So glad to enable. Funny thing is that the new Caron is not even new. :)

4:12 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! I nearly choked reading Brian's post, and now you too... Oh man. I love it.

Oud, I realize, is the Note of The Moment, but I don't care. I can't wait to smell the Caron!

6:57 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Me too, I wonder which oud it's going to be.

6:58 PM EST  
Blogger Flora said...

I can hardly stand it if all these wonderful Carons are going to be Paris and/or boutique exclusives! I love the line so much, I want them all to come here!

They all sound so good,I really hope I get a chance to sniff!

12:23 AM EST  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Love the poster. Ah, for the days when it rang true...

Looking forward to these, though, and just glad to see that Caron is still up for digging in the archives. On dark days, I have this feeling of them being such an attenuated version of their former selves that one day, perhaps when Phyto Universe needs some new office space, they will dry up entirely and blow away. So signs of life and $$ investment are welcome!

11:01 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Donna,
They are coming here, I don't which ones are urn scents though. L'Accord for sure, probably

11:03 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Alyssa,
That's what I thought too, oh, signs of life from Caron. But it seems they were doing their thing quietly, with those ouds etc, just not over here.

11:04 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home