Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne

By Marina

This seemingly simple composition of Orange Sanguine makes me want to take an orange and to brutally bite into it, cutting the zesty armor with teeth, tearing the soft flesh, forcing the juice to burst out...Because that is how realistic the orange here smells to me.

The composition took into the account all of the fruit, from the sharp-tasting peel to the tangy, luscious sweetness of the edible part...to the leaves still sticking to it. It must be geranium that contributes that green, acidic characteristic to the blend and keeps the dulcitude of orange at the slightly sour level of the live fruit, not at the ubiquitous in today's perfumery level of cheap creamsicle.

Orange Sanguine is not a loud perfume, but it stays (longevity is the schtick of Cologne Absolute). L'Artisan's Mandaraine Tout Simplement is the one scent, the initial wow-inducing realism of which somewhat reminds me of Orange Sanguine. I say intitial, because the mandarine there disappears as soon as you get ready to think your teeth into it. The other scent that somewhat reminds me of OS is Malle's Bigarade Concentree. The latter one is, however, outwardly more complex and evokes a reaction less primitive than the wonderful I Need To Eat This Now impulse of Atelier Cologne's creation.

Available at Atelier Cologne, Bergdrof etc, $50.00-$145.00.

Image source, unknown.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful review of a wonderful perfume! And the image you selected is great as well! :)

2:24 AM EDT  
Anonymous Kristina said...

Marina, this sounds great for summer! How does it compare to Hermes' Eau d'Orange verte?

4:22 AM EDT  
Blogger fey said...

I love Orange Sanguine. It is on my 'to buy soon' list :-)
I appreciate the care and kindness that goes into the making of this fragrance. Cruelty free on all levels. Yay Atelier!

9:34 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I need to eat this now"! And the image! Enjoyed this review very much.

10:52 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange how Cologne is in the name and yet everything lasts so long. Orange Sanguine is definitely longer-lasting than Hermes' Eau d'Orange verte, and more like a straight orange scent.

3:28 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looooove this one. The State of Florida should invest in it and promote it heavily!
-Marla

4:32 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

I liked this one a lot, but didn't like the price, Even though you're getting about a gallon of it. I'd be afraid it would turn before I'd ever use it all up.

5:01 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Birgit
Thank you, love that image! :)

6:01 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Kristina
EdO is more perfumey. I don't use that as a negative term. It's just less of a "natural" orange smell

6:02 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Fey
It's on my list too :)

6:02 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

museinwoodenshoes
Thank you, I am so glad!

6:03 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Anonymous
I agree!

6:03 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Marla
Great idea! :)

6:03 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Tom
I am afraid I'd be tempted to drink it :)

6:04 PM EDT  
Anonymous Craftmatic said...

Fun, uplifting cologne. I am totally in love and adore this fragrance.

7:45 AM EDT  
Blogger Carol said...

sounds like juicy goodness!

12:23 PM EDT  
Blogger David Adams said...

I LOVE both of those fragrances! (Orange Sanguine and Bigarade Concentree) They are my favorites, along with Acqua di Parma Bergamotto. Love me some fresh citrus:)

1:04 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home