Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Off topic...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBy Tom

Well, I got slammed this week with a lousy cold. I cancelled everything I could and am spending my week doing my taxes, dribbling and watching television.

Why does everything taste vaguely of tinfoil when I have a cold?

The last thing I wore was Ava Luxe Rasa Extreme, which I reviewed on The Posse last year. I didn't realize how tenacious it is: I dabbed on the rest of the sample my friend sent me on Sunday night and just sort of basked in it's lovely musky rosiness. I knew I was getting a cold from the tickle in the back of my throat so I wasn't going to shower and leave the house with a wet head. (Does anyone else get that warning? The slight achiness, chill and tickle that's like the temperature drop before a really ripping summer storm?) But I did need supplies, so out I went.

It was actually a little distracting.

I was wandering the aisles of the Beverly Hills Market (The cheapest and best market in my 'hood, with $3.99 lunch specials that are fab, in case you ever get here and need cheap eats) in my old LL Bean hoodie and jeans while shadowing me, or more to the point radiating off me was this femme fatale scent. I half expected to turn a corner and find Phyllis Deitrichson looking at this grubby little schlub that was I and wondering where the hell Walter had gotten to..

Ava Luxe Rasa Extreme is still, sadly discontinued. I read in comments that she can no longer get the ingredients so It will most likely stay gone. My sample is empty, so I can only hope that there will be some revival in the future.

I hope by next week to be back in the saddle, as it were..

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Monica said...

I don't want to jinx myself but so far have avoided this flu and cold people are kvetching about. Get better! Remember fresh ginger tea! boiled whole lemons with honey tea! Fresh coltsfoot flowers tea is THE CURE for coughs- they can't be bought anymore dried so I grow them. They grow wild an weedy by dampish woodland places. xo Monica

9:21 AM EDT  
Blogger marsha said...

Oh yes, ginger tea!! It's the best for the tickly throat! The only rosy scent I could handle was Amouage Absolute Attar, it smelled like my actual rose bushes. I hope you get better soon! Ahhhh!!! Double Indemnity!!!!!!!! Hilarious watching Fred MacMurray call Barbara Stanwyck *Dollface.*

11:12 AM EDT  
Anonymous quinncreative said...

That feeling you are coming down with something has a name: prodromal. If you are feeling prodromal, it's time for tea and tissues.

8:26 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home