Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Nuit Etoilée by Annick Goutal

By Tom

My Scent Twin reviewed this one the other day and since she said it was at Saks I ran over (well, strolled since it was about 75 degrees) to try it. Nuit Etoilée is apparently a nod to the Van Gogh's Starry Night. But other than the beautiful sapphire blue of the bottle, I don't quite get the reference.

Because on me there isn't much that's dark about this scent. It's opens on my skin, as it does for Gaia as a minty citrus, shot though with a dark and rather bitter green pine note (that I immediately loved). As it develops it brings on a basamic sweetness and a touch of immortelle that makes for a suprisingly edible finish.

That is, for the few hours it sticks around. For something that starts off so definite, I have to mention I got three hours tops out of it. I would happily re-apply, but that could expensive proposition. Since I already have a bottle of Ninfeo Mio which for me treads much the same path, this one I'll pass on for now.

1.7 oz for $72 and 3.4 oz for $120, exclusively at Saks for the moment, where I asked for a sample.

Image: Wikipedia Commons

2 Comments:

Blogger Flora said...

I have not tried this yet, but shockingly, Ninfeo Mio did NOT work for me at all, so I wonder about the new one.

12:37 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just received a sample. Is it my imagination, or does it smell rather like the AG Noel candle and home fragrance spray?? Since I love Noel, I find I really like this too! It's the scent of pine that's appealing to me. I reckon the reason why it doesn't get much love is the association with Van Gogh, which leads us to expect something much more violent and dark. For me, it's a reminder of Christmas and a walk through a frosted pine forest.
Jillie

3:20 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home