Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Luca Turin's new artcile in NZZ Folio

Luca Turin has published a new article in NZZ Folio, about one of my favorite perfume lines. L’Artisan Parfumeur 30 years later can be found here.

Quote: It [Timbuktu] is a vetiver, but unlike any other, with a cool, rosy, dawn-like radiance that makes you want to buy twenty years’ worth in case L’Artisan is ever bought by LVMH.

...scary thought, that.

10 Comments:

Blogger elle said...

Great article by Luca. I do love L'Artisan scents and the thought that LVMH might buy them truly is terrifying. Adds "LVMH never casts its soul destroying glance at L'Artisan" to holiday wish list.

10:29 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
When you said "destroying glance" I had this vision of Sauron's Eye from Lord of the Rings :-)

Let's just not even think about that. Sometime one can accidentally think something into being, you know? Works in the same way that jinxing does. :-) Perish the thought, persih the thought. *throws salt over the left shoulder and knocks on wood*

10:34 AM EST  
Blogger elle said...

Yikes! LVMH? What LVMH? Never heard of them. Gets out cornicello, makes mano cornuto gesture, burns seed os aspand, sweeps raw egg over L'Artisan scents. Um, yes...I did recently look up in Wikipedia what things are popular for protection against evil eye. :-)

11:08 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Raw egg? :-) Well that would scare LVMH for sure...although I have never heard of them either.

11:11 AM EST  
Blogger katiedid said...

I loved that article, and I loved that line so much, Luca's insouicant sense of humor just tickles my brain so. Terrifying thought indeed to ponder for more than half a beat :P

12:10 PM EST  
Blogger katiedid said...

Sigh, I can't spell or type: "insouciant."

12:12 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Katie,
What thought? I am thinking that thought ever again, just in case. What next, Coty buys out Malle? ...ok, I did not just say that.

12:14 PM EST  
Blogger katiedid said...

GAH! Nightmares! You've given me nightmare visions! Hush, you :P

2:39 PM EST  
Blogger kuri* said...

Splendid article in particular this month!

9:01 AM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

C,
I loved it too!

9:08 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home