Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Lunar New Year!


I hope the Fire Pig is kind to this Fire Dragon and to all of us. And here is wishing for the year of wonderful new perfume discoveries!

Some scents that were released in previous Years of the Pig:

1911
Caron Narcisse Noir
Crown Perfumery Eau de Russe
Guerlain Kadine

1923
D'Orsay Le Dandy
Guerlain Bouquet de Faunes
Houbigant Au Bois

1935
E.Coudray Ambre et Vanille
Jean Patou Normandie
Lancome Tropiques
Lubin Nuit de Longchamp

1947 (Year of Fire Pig too!)
Balenciaga Le Dix
Balmain Vent Vert
Caron Farnesiana
Dior Miss Dior
Guerlain Fol Arome

1959
Creed Jasmal
Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy
Gres Cabochard

1971
Chanel No 19
Clinique Aromatics Elixir
Lancome Sikkim
Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche

1983
Amouage Gold and Gold for Men
A.Goutal Eau de Camille and Passion
Guerlain Jardins de Bagatelle
Ungaro Diva
Yves Saint Laurent Paris

1995
Antonia's Flower Floret
Burbery Burberry for Women and for Men
Comme des Garcons White
Dior Dolce Vita
Estee Lauder Pleasures
Hanae Mori Butterfly
Hermes 24, Faubourg
Jo Malone Fleurs de la Foret & more

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an interesting idea, to list perfumes by their Chinese year of birth... I wonder if it's good luck to wear them during "their" year. And if so, do the new Chanels count? If not, bring on the Vent Vert and the Miss Dior, it's their year every year...

1:29 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

D,
I read a little about what Fire Pig is supposed to be like and it is said it's going to be not an easy year: conflicts, explosions (literal and figural)...So a bit of luck won't hurt. I am going to wear Miss Dior tonight, just in case :-)

1:33 PM EST  
Blogger Madelyn E said...

Dear Columbina,
I can't believe the number of favorite fragranges made their debut during The Year Of The Pig! Narcisse Noir, Le Dix, Miss Dior, Cabochard, Chanel No. 19, Clinique Aromatics, Rive Gauche, AG Passion, Diva, Paris, Dolce Vita ( Love this one !!!) Hanae Morae Oh My !
What a great concept : While I do not know enough about the characteristics of one born in the YOT Pig, I confess, I find it difficult to draw any relationship ! Your list, is a trip down memory lane for me !

1:39 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! fire dragon! twice the fun! :-D :-D you know that dragons are considered the luckiest of signs... such that on dragon years, one observes a surge in births among the chinese population. :-)

4:05 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Dear Madelyn,
The only relationship I can see is that I love so many of them :-)

4:08 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Evilpeony,
That is very nice to know! I hope during this year of a FIRE pig my dragon luck finally kicks in :-)

4:09 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home