Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Moody Vanillas at Sephora

Sephora (I assume that, at least for starters, this is French Sephora) is launching a new collection of vanilla perfumes. "To each temperament, its own olfactory composition", is the bright idea behind the line of fragrances. If, like me, you think Sephora decided to pay an homage to the four classic temperaments, you'd be mistaken. Apparently Sephora has its own classification, and thus the line will include:

Poétique (Vanilla-Orange Blossom)

Insoumise (“Untamed”: Vanilla-Caramel)

Tentatrice (“Temptress”: Vanilla-Monoi)

Capricieuse (Vanilla-Chocolate)

Mystérieuse (Vanilla- Patchouli)

Insouciante (“Carefree”: Vanilla-Mango)

Envoûtante (“Bewitching” – Vanilla-Vanilla).

Nothing for the old Melancholic/Choleric me. And fair enough. Vanilla is not the right note not evoke that kind of temperament.

The Eaux de Toilette will come in 100 ml bottles and will cost €20.00 . (From Osmoz.com)

7 Comments:

Blogger tmp00 said...

that's gotta be French Sephora. We get Blue Sugar. (GACK)

12:22 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

True. I go to sephora.fr and cry.

8:34 AM EDT  
Blogger Juvy Santos said...

Wow...My local Sephora has almost four shelving units devoted to Vanilla alone...I love vanilla but...isn't this too much?

10:09 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

A,
I think so. I think there is altogether too much vanilla in perfumes.

10:13 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Late to the party, I've been out of town. I wish I could see the picture better -- I'm *pretty* sure I saw these at my local Sephora on their own special display. I totally ignored them because they're all vanilla-driven and ... ugh. But I'll go look.

BTW I'm pretty sure Shiseido has a frag called Tentatrice, which I don't even think is d/c'd. -- March

11:44 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS Sorry -- we've been having major computer snafus, which is preventing me from logging onto your comments properly! -- March

11:45 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

March,
Shiseido has all sorts of things that they don't let us have. *grumble grumble*

11:45 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home