Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, April 10, 2014

What Not To Wear To Work

By Tom

Last night I was a little bored and decided that I wanted to wear something very daring. So I dabbed on some UNTITLED #8 that I got from ScentBar. It's one of the skankiest things I have in a collection that isn't exactly light on the skank. I love it- I think that it's great on it's own, and also great for putting some of the old-school punch into scents that have been neutered by reformulation.

What it is not is work friendly. So imagine my horror when after a vigorous and thorough shower, there was still the next morning a distinct aroma coming from me that said "rode heard and put away wet." Luckily the human interaction today was very light. I hope that tomorrow I'll be back to my fresh'n'clean self. But s it crazy that I want to dab on just a little right now?

Just a dab?

What are your scents that you find not exactly office-friendly? Let us know in the comments.

Image: Luckyscent

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Practically everything I own! As a vintage collector, most of my fragrances would probably be considered office no-nos, but the first one that came to mind was Bal A Versailles. I have very fond memories of wafting along corridors leaving trails of this, Rive Gauche, Opium and Tabu back in the 70s and 80s. SIgh. good times when people didn't fall over in a gasping mess a the merest hint of a fume...

10:30 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

Sally that is really funny - I would also say Bal A Versailles, but I have actually worn it to work a couple of times in winter! Probably never again though.

I learned the hard way that my beloved Lelong pour Femme is not office-friendly for a lot of people because of the lilac, which tends to be a polarizing note, but I spray it liberally when I am not at work.

10:53 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

According to my perception, Perfumes play a vital role in enhancing our impressions on others. Suppose a scenario where one groom their self with fashionable outfit but at the same time uses a cheap perfume with very unpleasant smell. Do you think does any body love to stand beside him, I think no body.
So perfume not only put a good impression on others but also help others to feel pleased while attending you.

3:25 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Sally-

I love that!

10:26 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Donna-

I had a boss that didn't know she loved perfume until I started giving her some stuff. She wouldn't really buy some of the stuff I gave her samples of because they were expensive and she thought it was wrong to spend that kind of money. (when she left the company I got her boss to buy her a bottle of Serge Lutens Fleurs de Citronnier, which she loved from the sample I gave her. She said she'd get married in it. She did) Fracas was one that I gave her (I got a whole bunch of it in some swag bag) and she adored it. Said it was the most beautiful thing she'd ever smelled. Every once in a awhile I'd smell it on her at work. She must have applied with the pointy end of a pin because it was the faintest whiff, but she wore it.

But then again, I'd do the same thing with MKK..

10:33 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

shaili-

I agree totally!

10:33 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home