Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Foodie Sunday~ Happy Easter and a simple but cherished family recipe!

By Beth

Happy Easter! I've got quite a busy day planned so instead of my usual musings! On the agenda is a birthday party for a dear friend and a lovely Easter brunch and egg hunt in the country so instead of writing, I should probably start cooking. This year I'm making a dessert for my son to take to his girlfriends house for dinner so that he can have and share one of our families wonderful traditions. It's the simplest recipe ever and I'm going to share it with you here. It's made with a simple chocolate wafer and freshly whipped cream and we call it quite affectionately "Zebra Pudding"! 

This year because there are a couple of adorable little sisters that he's got to impress, the pudding will be covered in peeps and jelly beans. I have to admit to being thrilled that this is something that I can still do for him and I can't wait to see the pictures!

At any rate, this is the simplest recipe ever. Go to the tracery swore and buy several boxes of "Famous Chocolate Wafers"  and a couple of pints of heavy whipping cream. Whip the cream with some sugar and vanilla until it's stiff and then take a wafer and frost it with the cream. Place another cookie on the other side making a whipped cream "Oreo". Lay it upright on a tray and continue until you've made a log of whipped cream and cookies. Frost the whole thing top and bottom (the picture shown is before this part!) with more whipped cream and then leave in the refrigerator overnight. This is the most important step! It will get soft and turn into a luscious ice box cake! Make sure that you make the cake on the platter that you're going to serve it on otherwise you'll end up with a mess! Have fun decorating them for whichever holiday you're celebrating. They are adorable bedazzled with Easter candy and make perfect snow covered logs for Christmas. To serve them, simply slice on the diagonal so that you get the striped effect!

Have a wonderful day all! What are some of your favorite Easter traditions?

Beth

4 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Emm said...

That sounds like heaven, but I'm not sure we've got a 'tracery swore' in our town - hee hee!
Have a lovely Easter x

2:52 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the fridge or freezer? I am LOVING this idea and will try it ASAP.
Portia xx

7:25 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL ...this is great ..I'll try it.

Jackie @ Minerva Collection Handbags&Fashion Jewellery

8:39 AM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

I made something like this once, and it was wonderful. The Famous Chocolate wafers are also really good just by themselves!

I remember my grandmother's Easter ham, studded with lots of cloves. I don't eat ham much anymore, but when I do, I want it sweet like that.

7:42 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home