Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Sunday, January 14, 2007

CB I Hate Perfumes in Los Angeles

For those of you visiting or living in the Los Angeles area, a selection of CB I Hate Perfume scents(including Mr Hulot's Holiday, Russian Caravan Tea and the infamous Musk Reinvention are now available at All Purpose, a new store at 144 South Flores (between Crescent Heights and La Cienega a few steps north of 3rd street. It's a lovely store featuring beautiful menswear, bags and accessories (which are of course unisex). The owners are in talks with Christopher Brosius to create a signature scent exclusive to the store, which I am already salivating to try. Luckily Alessandro, the nice man who I believe co-owns the store didn't comment on my obvious geek-fandom moment when he mentioned it. With ScentBar being about two blocks away at Beverly Blvd. and Santa Maria Novella on Melrose Place and Apothia at Fred Segal on Melrose and Crescent Heights, that part of West Hollywood is now officially sniff-central.

By Tom.

6 Comments:

Blogger tmp00 said...

Thanks for posting this, Columbina.

The store is beautiful, and Alessandro, whose name I stupidly mis-typed, could not have been nicer. Not being right on Third, people are going to have to make a point to look for the store. While having CB Musk more immediatly available is a great reason to drop in, the beautiful scarves, gloves, bags and accessories make it worth seeking out. And no, I am not getting a discount for saying so.

Of course if he wants to offer.....

10:09 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Tom,
Living not far from CB Musk sounds rather unappealing to me :-D Were there other CBs there, apart from the ones you listed? I've yet to find one that would move the earth under my feet in a good way. *sigh*

10:13 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

There were quite a few, but not the whole line. I was trying not to be a total sniff-whore. I get the impression that the owners stock stuff that they like. i know Alessandro mentioned that he is as scent obsessed as we all are, and I also got the inpression if CB had it and they don't, they could get it. Of course, you could also order it directly from the source.

Mr Hulot's Holiday was interesting, I will have to try it when I am not wearing anything else (Nothing can overcome Ambre Sultan). They had Black March and In the Library and I think Violet Empire. Of course, I am willing to examine further.

I gave him the address of this blog, so if he read this perhaps he could comment himself?

10:45 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Tom,
"Nothing can overcome Ambre Sultan"...That is true :-) I still haven't tried In The Library. Perhaps that's the CB for me.

10:47 PM EST  
Blogger Alessandro said...

did my comment not make the cut??

2:16 AM EST  
Blogger Alessandro said...

I must have missed this when it was orignally posted but I am glad I found it because my ears were cyber-burning! First of all, scent-geeks are always welcome at AP..spray and sniff as much as you like (I'll join you). We have a few new CB scents in, including Lavender Tea. The rest that we have out for spring include: Hulot's Holiday, Cedarwood Tea, Russian Caravan Tea, Reinvention (fig), CB93, Just Breathe, CB Musk, Narcissus, Black March, Violet Empire, Cradle of Light (white blossoms), In the Library and I am sure there are a few others. we are indeed working with Christopher on something exclusive for the store as it fits in his schedule. I will keep you posted. :)

and by the way, I am offering.

2:22 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home